1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I accidentally dug up a molter...

Discussion in 'Molting.' started by crab*grrl, Apr 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crab*grrl

crab*grrl Hi, I'm New Here!

I found Katie under the food dish while I was cleaning. She looks to be not fully hardened yet as her BP is a light lavendar color. She only had the BP of her exo left to eat. I moved it and her to the Iso tank but now I'm wondering if I should have just left her in the main crabitat? I thought maybe it would be best to let her harden in the Iso and do a little shell shopping if she wanted to. But now i'm worried that I may have stressed her needlessly by moving her to Iso when she's already done the deed.

Should I just go ahead and leave her in the Iso until she hardens up sufficiently?

2. kuplakrabs

kuplakrabs "Second Molt, A Success"

She should be fine in the ISO. In fact if I find one of mine has come up but still looks soft, I put them in the ISO for a few days. All of mine main tank molt too.

Also, don't worry if she doesn't finish that BP-quite a few of my crabs don't eat theirs. Just make sure she has access to plenty of calcium rich food.

3. crab*grrl

crab*grrl Hi, I'm New Here!

Thanks wendy! She is hiding under the food dish in the Iso and nothing has been touched, so I'll just leave her alone until I see that the sand/food has been disturbed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.