1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hunger strike

Discussion in 'Nutrition & Water' started by scoobdoo, Jan 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scoobdoo

scoobdoo "PM Jason For Custom Title"

:dontknow: I have put different foods in this crabs tank every night for the past 4 nights & I have seen him get down from his tree log go to water when I changed it and get a little drink and tromp over food and go back up and not move. I bought him fresh froze blue berries, organic dehydrated fruit of pineapple, bananna, apples & fresh fruit. plus the dried foods, he has cuttle bone, millett seeds... he has snubbed everything! The temp & humidty is fine to. just goes and sits on the dead log decoration. kind of like a teenager sitting in front of a t.v. all day, I about want to go and take it out and say get off your crabby butt and go do something! The only thing different is the shells that are in there, I usually don't keep alot of shells in there if they are to small or if they don't use them after a long time, Ex: mine only use a certain type and after buying so many shells and figuring out they only like these type I figured why keep all these in here they don't uses them, they might change in it and as soon as they do , it is only a matter of seconds and they are out of it and they don't touch it again so I take them out casue they take up room. Maybe that is freaking him out? any one else have crabs that are as picky as mine and only use one certain type of shell? Mine are the tapesty turbo type have to have the curly cue sticking out on the side, I have spent tones of $ on others, when I got them they were in mag pies and they ditched them when i got the turbos and never went to anything else.

2. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

Tell me about it!!! I have different sizes and shapes in the tank. All nice shells. Big money over the years. But I have 1crab (dutch) my favorite. Has been through a hard time or two and always comes back with flying colors. Had a very easy molt. Didn't hardly know he was gone. Nice and healthy but he is a BIG CRAB IN A LITTLE SHELL. The only thing that fits in the shell is a little more than his abdomen. I figure if he wants to change his shell he will. Maybe he doesn't think there is a threat around so he just lets it all hang out. Its lite and easy to lug around. Doesn't eat or drink much. Just sleeps allot.

3. scoobdoo

scoobdoo "PM Jason For Custom Title"

I put a pile of dried maple leave in his tank & this morning they are all a screwed, so either he ate some or he just went and ran through them!

4. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Hey Trixie...maybe thats the crab equivalent of wearing a Speedo. :biglaugh:

5. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

Thats so funny Jellybean!!!
    Another thing he does is when I walk in the room he always freezes no matter where he is. I can leave and return a 1/2 hour later and he will still be there.

6. alliswell777

alliswell777 (Small Crab)

a speedo!!??! hahahahahaha!!!! i love it!
    and thats funny ,too, that he'll go motionless when you go by...kinda like "simon says", ya know? simon says come forward!!! now stop!!! i didnt say simon says!!! haha!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.