1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

humidifier

Discussion in 'Product Reviews.' started by cursedkid, Jan 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cursedkid

cursedkid (Micro Crab)

anyone know where to get one? petco, petsmart? or what website? i know petdiscounters has 1, but i dont like petdiscounters, cause tou have to mail them your credit card

2. pineapplemama

pineapplemama (Small Crab)

They made you mail it? I just paid online?

I saw drippers, bubble stumps, drip vine, waterfalls, drip system, volcanoes, & foggers in the Reptile...Hab Accessories section of petsmart.com

I saw TropicAire Humidifier/Air Exch on petco.com

When I upgrade to a larger tank I was thinking about getting one of these, so please keep us posted on which you get, and how your hermies like it...

check out the "bubble bowl" info in here too?!

Hope it helped!

-Crystal

3. cursedkid

cursedkid (Micro Crab)

ok, thanks, just i sometimes forget to spray so sometimes it goes little lower then 70%

4. pineapplemama

See, I'm having the exact opposite problem! I haven't misted in days and my humidity is still in the mid-high 80's! I have roughly 2/3 sand and 1/3 EE. I know they said EE holds humidity but JEEZ! I'm starting to worry that my hum being too high might hurt the babies. So far they seem active and happy...eating, climbing, digging, even shell changing, but I don't know for sure.

I saw some info in "product reviews" (i think) about these bubble bowl things, and at least one entry on how to make your own...it may save you a few dollars! Take a peek if you like!

Happy Crabbing!

-Crystal

5. moire_eel

moire_eel "Second Molt, A Success"

Try opening the top of your tank up a little more to let your humdity drop a few percentage points. I find that mine is really high when I first replace my substrate or stir it up and re-wet it, but it drops back to normal levels after a week or so. But you really want to make sure you've got enough ventiliation -- mold in the tank is really, really not fun to deal with.

6. pineapplemama

I will definately try that, thank you Moire.

7. cursedkid

cursedkid (Micro Crab)

havent got 1` yet, but itll be good for my straw atleast cause he never moves till i spray

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.