1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How're these mixes?

Discussion in 'Foods, Treats & Home Recipes.' started by NotaMallard, Sep 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NotaMallard

NotaMallard "First Molt, A Success"

I only have one crabby right now (I know, I'm getting more when they come in) and I've been on a food-making frenzy. I know they like variety, so I made a couple. I wanted to ask you guys whether they're good or what I should add. And keep in mind this is what I found laying around the house!

Backyard Mix: Dried oak leaves, soaked and crushed acorns, dandelion leaves, red raspberry leaves.

Sea Mix: Chemical-free fish food, additive-free banana chips, rolled oats, bloodworms, and dried baby shrimp.

Cabinet Crap: Rolled oats, whole-wheat couscous, lentils, wild rice, crushed eggshells. All organic.

Trail Mix: Rolled oats, bloodworms (infested trailmix, now) dried papaya, dates, raisins, dried apricot

He's also got some fresh veggies and fruit. He loves green grapes.

2. Dezzi

Dezzi "First Molt In Progress"

Hi, I think my 1 crab would dine on ALL of those!!! I haven't found anything so far that he will pass on! I had a few picky eaters, but they are trying new things now, they also love grapes~! But ALL of my crabs Love this mix- Corn Meal with No Additives, Baby food: Tender Golden Sweet Potatoes, & a Sprinkle of Cuttlebone. I Mix all that together, & They go Nuts over it! I actually got that recipe from this site:)

3. HermitPaws

HermitPaws "Fourth Molt, A Success"

Lool like someone been doing their homework!!! LOL
    NIce job

4. NotaMallard

Thanks, I'm glad they're acceptable. Right now their favorite is the sea mix one, and the bloodworms are always picked out of the food dish.

5. Dezzi

Dezzi "First Molt In Progress"

Where do you get your Bloodworms at? I really want to try your sea mix! Thank You!! :D

6. NotaMallard

I actually just bought a container of freezedried ones in the fish food section of my local mom 'n pop store.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.