1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Howdy Y'all

Discussion in 'The Welcome Rock' started by crackity, Oct 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crackity

crackity "Never Molted"

I've been a member now for about a week and just found this... thread, forum... whatever you call it. I've only had crabbies for going on 2 weeks now. If you had asked me 3 weeks ago I never could have predicted I'd be here now introducing myself.
    That's what happens when you have kids and girlfriend that likes to dote on them. :)
    We looked at them [hermit crabs] a few months ago and thought they were cool, but I was the only one that was willing to pick them up and touch them. They all wanted them then, but I put my foot down and said, "No way, you won't even touch them and I don't want to be taking care of them by myself."
    Cut to 2 weeks ago and we were in the mall again and looking at the collection of little crabbies. They all agreed to hold them and next thing we knew we had 4 brand new little guys in the largest plastic container the store sold. I wasn't really too interested at first, but within a day I had already been smitten with them and was determined to try and make them last. For the first several days I was reading all sorts of stuff from a book to a whole load of stuff from websites like this one.
    Jump to today and we now have a 20 gallon tank with a mixed sub-strate of play sand and jungle mix, Both salt and fresh water pools and all kinds of cool stuff to climb on, plus I am currently maintaining a comfy environment of about 80 degrees and 75-90% humidity. On top of that we've added four more playmates for our initial brood so we now have: Presley, Purplicious, Pearl, Pinchy, Barkley, Whitey, PandaBear and Flash.
    I guess maybe I do have a tendency to obsess over things sometimes. :D
    Anyway, I've already posted a few messages and want to thank those of you that have been kind enough to offer your insights to a newbie like me.

Happy Crabbing!

2. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

Nice to have another addict here- we all understand!! WELCOME :D

3. Lukems

Lukems "First Molt In Progress"

Hey There,

Glad To Have You On Board!

I Think We All Share A Piece Of The Addiction Here!
    :rolleyes:

4. Dezzi

Dezzi "First Molt In Progress"

It is SO Nice to have a place to come and "talk" about our crabs together, with others who love them too! Sometimes when I mention my sweet crabs to people, I get an "Okaaaaaaaaay" kind of Look! They Just Don't Get It~! This place is Great:) Full of Info., Tips, Recipes, Advice & Friends. The More the Better!!

By the way, what is a Writer?

5. Hildegarde

Hildegarde "Preparing For Third Molt"

Welcoe to HCRU! If you are ever deciding about more crabs, just send a post to me. I'm an excellent enabler and will make sure you have a good reason to get that little bugger!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.