1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to get crab to change shell?

Discussion in 'Shells' started by Magic_frost, Oct 25, 2010.

1. alliswell777

alliswell777 Guest

ha! i love that, wickedannabella, "faded feathers in her hair..."
    kinda made me think of an old stevie nicks video, or something... love it!

2. scoobdoo

scoobdoo "PM Jason For Custom Title"

:eek:mg: I'm so going to listen to some Stevie Nicks today! Torture boss day! I walked in yesterday to country music, I can take only so much of it then I had to turn it off! I have my get even days! :rubhands: Elvis, FlyLeaf, Oldies, & just stupid funny silly songsI find on youtube! Ya, I love my boss!!!! We do get along really good and have a lot of the same ideas, can joke around with each other and know it's all in fun and know when it's time to be serious. Of course we are not your typical library either!

3. wickedannabella

wickedannabella (Micro Crab)

I've never had good luck with streaking crabs...especially streaking e's....are you sure she's not an E?  haha

Anyway, did you check her out to see if maybe something is poking her abdomen?  Sometimes they get irritation on their bellies and they will drop the shell...especially if its as bad as you said it was.

I missed it, did you put her in ISO with other shells?

Anyway, good luck with your little exhibitionist.  I hope it turns out okay.

4. Magic_frost

Magic_frost (Micro Crab)

She's molting naked right now. I don't know if she's gonna make it :( I truly think there may be some mental health issues? Body dismorphic disorder or something goin on. I have tried everything!

I think I'd order her crabby Prozac if Vicky carried it.

Listening to Fleetwood Mac....

5. wickedannabella

wickedannabella (Micro Crab)

:sad5:  So sorry!  Keep her warm, quiet and dark and hopefully she'll pull through! 

Keep us posted!

6. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

If she is actually molting (shedding exo skeleton) You need to give her some privacy. Put a couple of shells by her and leave her be. Cover the tank with a towel or blanket. Make sure she has food and plenty of water.