1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to change a setting?

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by drk_paramour, Jan 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drk_paramour

drk_paramour "Never Molted"

I've looked and can't figure out how to change that little phrase that appears under my avatar picture when I post that says "hi I'm new here" lol I know I must be missing something very obvious, but I'm no computer wiz for sure :)

2. chermo

chermo "Second Molt In Progress"

It will change as you add more posts, it goes by the number of posts you have, we can not change them unfortunatly.

3. Dezzi

Dezzi "First Molt In Progress"

I was wondering the same thing! And, like you, I searched ALL over trying to figure out how to change it! :D I was curious about changing mine because it has been on Never Molted for a while, although I have had successful molts. (thank goodness for healthy molts!) But then, I really wondered about it because it now says - Micro Crab as my phrase, and I (...yet anyway!) don't have a Micro crab. :rolleyes: But, I am sure that it will be worked out. Plus, I could always look at it as a sign that I should get a little guy~! I'm sure we aren't the only ones who wondered about this too :)

4. krackersmom2

krackersmom2 (Large Crab)

There is a magic number of posts that you have to complete and the "phrase" automatically changes. I believe it is every 100 posts until you reach "jumbo crab" status. My current status is "Large Crab" and I got that at 1000 posts. I believe the succession is as follows: "I'm new here","Micro Crab", "Preparing for First Molt", "First Molt a Success", "Small Crab", "Preparing for Second Molt", "Second Molt a Success", "Small Crab", "Medium Crab", "Large Crab", "Jumbo Crab". I may have left one out, but you get the basic idea.
    When I first joined, I didn't understand that either.

This system helps you figure out whether you are getting information from someone who is realtively new to the site or has been doling out advice for sometime. If you are on here regularly, you will learn so much helpful stuff that you can use to advise the newer members.

If you also notice, there is a little triangle with an exclamation point in it on the posters information. If you feel a need to report a post for posting violations, that is where you click. The "Y!" symbol on mine is to contact me through my "Yahoo" account.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2009
  5. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

There is a little chart on Haleye1997's profile. I think there are a million preparing for molt things in between medium small large etc. I'll have to double my posts to get to small crab...sigh... that will take a while

6. haleye1997

haleye1997 (Small Crab)

Look at the vistor messages on my profile

7. cococrisp

Wait don't you mean 1000 posts before jumbo crab because I already have a 100 posts and I'm not even a small crab:(.
    Sorry just wanted to make sure.

8. Laughs O Lot

Laughs O Lot (JUMBO CRAB)

I wondered the same thing! When I first came to this website I saw people with preparing for first molt, and I thought that you're supposed to change it when your hermit crab is molting or something. It took me a long time before I realized it was based on your posts.

9. cococrisp

Whoohoo! This is my 250th post and now I'm a small crab! Gosh that just smashed me to see you krackersmom2. I'm celebrating being small and your almost jumbo now. lol :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.