1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HOw Old Is Everyone?

Discussion in 'The Sand Castle Lounge' started by hermanandhermynie, Nov 27, 2010.

1. hermanandhermynie

hermanandhermynie "First Molt In Progress"

14 :katertater:  :dance:

2. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

LOL Trixie..... :hahahaha:

Stayin' Alive--Stayin' Alive---uh-uh-uh-uh---Stayin' ALIVE  

:biglaugh:

3. scoobdoo

scoobdoo "PM Jason For Custom Title"

I remember seeing Saturday Night Fever & Grease John T was the heart throb, along with Donnie Osmond, I had purple bed spread & curtains & his picture all over my walls then Lief Garrett.. everyone saying they hated disco, but they liked it. ac / dc was our schools songs, oh the memories.... yes stayin alive... stayin alILVEEEEE.... I WANT TO BE 16 -18 AGAIN

4. Mckenny

OK Peeps...let's see "who's the oldest". 

Here's the top 10 "back in the day"

1. The Twist - Chubby Checker
    2. Build Me Up Buttercup - Foundations
    3. Sugar Pie Honey Bunch - Four Tops
    4. This Old Heart Of Mine - Isley Brothers
    5. More Today Than Yesterday - Spiral Staircase
    6. Heatwave - Martha and the Vandellas
    7. Ain't Too Proud To Beg - Temptations
    8. The Loco-Motion - Little Eva
    9. Jimmy Mack - Martha and the Vandellas

Here's Little Eva singing her hit...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5OoQadZTPk

Live performance on 60s rock TV series "Shindig" on ABC.

By the way, I'll be 59 Feb. 13th.   :troll:

5. scoobdoo

I'm not that old, but I love all that oldie music! we have a station here 104.1 that plays all the oldies.. I say I should of been born in the 50's so I could of lived in the 60's, not be born in the 60's.

6. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

I wasnt the AC/DC type. I was more of a Boston,Chicago,Cheep Trick,Styx,  and Jefferson Airplane (starship) fan. OOooo I cant forget Fleetwood Mac.

7. scoobdoo

loved them to, if you were a girl who didn't want to be Stevie Nicks or Cher? LOL!

8. alliswell777

alliswell777 Guest

i watched Pinwheel on Nickelodeon in the morning, got leg warmers for christmas in elementary school, mom had some feathering going on, they all rocked out late at night to Bob Seger, REO, Boston, Journey, Cheap Trick, Lynyrd Skynyrd. loved the song Betty Davis Eyes! i remember when they would play Closet Classics on MTV, & you could see the Iron Maiden video "flight of icarus" IN THE DAYTIME!!! martha quinn, j.j. jackson, alan hunter, & the cool chic with blonde hair that had the cute raspy voice. i had 2 pair of corderoy bell bottoms THAT I DESPISED...& ONLY WORE TO (elem) SCHOOL WHEN I HAD NONE OTHER TO WEAR... i had a giant Captain America coloring book (i dont know who gave that to me...) and i had a Darcy doll- she beat the smoke out of that barbie girl as far as looks went. i had tinker toys, and i had to send off my "pony points" just to get a "My Little Pony" baby. they didnt sell them in stores yet. i remember the commercial with the lady singing "i can bring home the bacon, fry it up in the pan, and never let you forget youre my man... im a woman, au joulie". remember that one, anybody??? and i was in kindergarten when i saw the animated classic Heavy Metal on the tv one afternoon. how 'bout that...

9. scoobdoo

when mtv came out we sat and watch the same vids over and over all day long! I was a teen ager then. the electric co was my big show. I want the original agree smelling shampoo. while people had the crissy & velvet dolls I had one that had blond & black hair that you turn her scalp to change her hair color, I can't remember her name now, tiffany? I did have velvet to I listened to all music oldies, hard rock, soft rock, ect... my fave band now is fly leaf. I got my first pair of levi bell bottom jeans in 7th gr, had me some elephant ear pants { bottoms larger than bells} always worked for things I wanted, baby sat, paper routes, chores, ect.. nothing was just handed to me or my brother. back in the day we could take off at 8 a.m. be gone all day ride our bikes in town 25 miles in town{ just let the parents know what we doing} & be back by dark. didn't worry about stalkers and perverts or hang at a friends house all day watch t.v. or you played, actually played not got into trouble like some kids do today, I said some kids, not all kids.

10. Mckenny

Ahhh...memories.  Good memories...

11. Donny (TMNT)

Donny (TMNT) (Large Crab)

I wonder why its impossible to get jaded from watching the same classics over and over and over again? Everytime you watch it, its like you're watching it for the first time.

12. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

I use to hitch hike all over the place. Would hitch hike to another city with girl friends to go to concerts. I couldnt catch a ride from my mom or dad so I would hitch to my best friends house clear acrose town. We would do it all the time. Did'nt have to worry about the pervs back then.

13. imported_lovelylivelycrabs

imported_lovelylivelycrabs "First Molt, A Success"

I'm only 19 and ALL the cartoons from when I was younger (the "good old days) are now "retro" and back in style at hot topic. Ren & Stimpy, Rocco's Modern Life, Rugrats.... When I was little there  WAS no Spongebob. These wimpy kids nowadays wouldn't have survived 10 seconds in the 90's.... :)
    It's so bizarre... my mom teaches 6th grade and her some of her students weren't alive for 9/11... Now I feel so old.... *whimper*
    I'm going to go watch "retro" cartoons and cry myself to sleep now...  :'(

14. Donny (TMNT)

The Wimpy kid books are popular with everyone, young and old.
    I own almost all of the books.

15. scoobdoo

nothing beats the old cartoons of road runner, porky pig, bugs bunny, fog horn leg horn, yosimite sam, tom & jerry, how violent they were! LOL! we would of never thought to of gone out and re inact what they did on t.v. now they take them off t.v stating they are to violent to watch, but i have seen moring carttons that are just as bad, and sell vid games that are 10 x's worse, they mights as well put my oldies cartoons back on

16. alliswell777

alliswell777 Guest

yeah! ren & stimpy was very cool with my peers when i was a teen/young adult. who didnt have their own impersonation of "huuuuge PECtoral muuuscles"  ?? haha! does anyone born in the 70s remember "Captain Caveman" cartoon??

17. scoobdoo

I made a paper mache of him in 7th grade

18. Donny (TMNT)

Well, videogames are something the parents buy for the kids on their own free will, and can be controlled. TV on the other hand is free, so the kids will be able to watch it without the parents noticing. That's why shows like 24 are allowed to have violence because its for adults,
    but if spongebob cursed? (Never gonna happen!) Angry letters. A lot of em.

Anyway, I don't think Tom and Jerry is too violent,that's a lame reason for banning it. So you're right. 

19. Mckenny

CAP-TAIN  CAVEMAN!!!    :troll:

I used to babysit on the side and the kids were into that.  Ok-Ok---so was I.  :chuckle:

20. scoobdoo

t.v. has block controls on them now, but they get cable with so much smut on every channle. I remember Tom and Jerry being just as vilolent.
    Looking over my post, thinking wow, that must of been one of my bad  headache days! Tons of errors! welp going to bed, either  I is getting the tummy flu or I at something that is making me feel ill!