1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How often do you bathe your crew?

Discussion in 'You Are In: POLL Parade - Just! Poll's.' started by kuplakrabs, Apr 20, 2005.

?

I was wondering what everyone else does as far as bathing is concerned. To answer my own poll, I a

1. I don't bathe unless there is a mite/bug problem.

100.0%
  2. Once a week

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Every other week

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Once a month

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. On occassion, but I provide large enough water dishes for them to bathe themselves

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kuplakrabs

kuplakrabs "Second Molt, A Success"

2. happy_crabbies

happy_crabbies (Micro Crab)

I usually only give them a quick dip when I have new crabs to introduce to the main tank. (It makes me feel better thinking that if they smell the same- there will not be too much bullying going on)...not sure if it actually helps anything considering how fast they move to get out of the bath [​IMG]

3. Person

Person Hi, I'm New Here!

I dont bathe my crabs unless there is a mite problem or if it is a new crab. Instead of bathing them I provide a little pond thing.

4. Felicity Loves Animals

Felicity Loves Animals (Small Crab)

Yeah, my hermit crabs like to bathe themselves, which fine to me LOL!!!
    But, when I clean their tanks, I like to bathe them[​IMG]!!!

5. osippi

osippi Hi, I'm New Here!

I bathe mine every sunday, today they just got a bath! lol they love their baths... I suppose cause they're... okay... I'm getting wierd here... but.... cause they're squeaky clean!!!!! >^.^<

6. Hermies_Rule

Hermies_Rule "Never Molted"

will land crabs drown if you leave them in the bath too long? It sounds stupid, but i really want to know. [​IMG]

7. ashleigh

ashleigh "First Molt In Progress"

If my crabbies want a bath they do it them self.crabs should only be made to have a bath when they have mits or are new. [​IMG]

8. moire_eel

moire_eel "Second Molt, A Success"

They can't live underwater, so if they couldn't get out, yes, eventually they would die. But they can probably be underwater for a while and be fine. I just don't know how long "a while" is.

9. gweebles

gweebles "Preparing For First Molt"

Pinkie is my only crab to like baths, the rest hate them with a passion, so I just keep a deep dish of water in there for them and let them dip themselves. Face it, they didn't have anyone bathing them in the wild.

10. Felicity Loves Animals

Felicity Loves Animals (Small Crab)

I've heard you sould only have them in water for 2 minutes, but I don't know if they'd drown right after that time. *??????*

11. Hermies_Rule

Hermies_Rule "Never Molted"

thanks moire_eel. i only keep them in there for two or three minutes, so im guessing thats okay.. i bathed my crab once since i got her ( two weeks old today [​IMG] ) and in a week or two i will start bathing her once a week.

12. Hermitrocker

Hermitrocker Hi, I'm New Here!

I only bathe mine if there is a mite or bug problem... or sometimes after a molt to get rid of "the smell". None of my hermit crabs seem to like it when i bathe them. I provide large water dishes...so... It's so funny to watch Godzilla (a large straw) wade into the salt water pool and submerge himslef and then walk around under water [​IMG]

13. kuplakrabs

kuplakrabs "Second Molt, A Success"

Just a quick comment on how long they can be under water...I have witnessed four different crabs, one Perlatus, one Compressus and two Rugosus stay under for 10-50 minutes. Please keep in mind that they were in water dishes with access to get out...I don't ever suggest leaving your crabs in the bath water unattended. If you do bathe, a quick submersion and removal is most likely sufficient.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.