1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much money have you spent on hermit crabs?

Discussion in 'You Are In: POLL Parade - Just! Poll's.' started by OneOnion, Jun 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fritteritter

fritteritter (Micro Crab)

Yeah, it was great - the people lived right in my community, helped me load the giant thing into my Mercury Cougar, but... when I got back to the apartment my housemate had left and it was going to rain, so I had to get it out of the car, up the concrete steps to the doorway, and up the carpeted stairs into the apartment by myself. That wasn't fun with about 150lbs of glass :mad: I love it though, they don't try to escape, just walk around.

2. Laughs O Lot

Laughs O Lot (JUMBO CRAB)

Wow! $1000 is a lot!

3. Jessafall

Jessafall "Preparing For First Molt"

yep it is. i definally went a little overboard, i was the type where if i saw something that i could use in the tank i would get it and probably use it once then do a deep clean then use something else and never use that again. lol

4. fritteritter

Wish I could have bartered with you when I still lived in NY :D

5. Jessafall

where did you live here in ny? and what state do you live in now? i always like know where other crabbers are. i myself moved 5 times in 5 years. lol
    i was a full time nanny and nannied families in KY, NC, MD and VA now back in my home state of western NY

6. fritteritter

I was in Henrietta for 2 years, then Scottsville for another 2. Now I'm in Canton, Ohio.

7. fritteritter

oh btw if you don't want to hit the next spending mark on this poll... don't visit the new Hermit Crab Patch store... they really upgraded on inventory and the new site is great! And definitely if you like deals don't take notice of the fact that orders over $99 get free shipping! hehe, I like that shop, they're so kind!

8. Jessafall

cool, thanks for the headsup! and Batavia is my new henrietta, haha the walmart in batavia has much more variety especially in the fake plant section and the petstores are much better, plus the target there also has a starbucks which i always am game for a little espesso!! hehe

9. strawberryskittle

strawberryskittle (Small Crab)

200+ and only got these two in May. Spent 35 dollars to get the kit (what a rip, never used any of that stuff again), and thought they were expensive THEN! lol

10. Laughs O Lot

Laughs O Lot (JUMBO CRAB)

I know I was checking out the site and really want to shop there! But I doubt I'll be allowed to after spending $80 at the addiction store.

11. lovelylivelycrabs

lovelylivelycrabs "Preparing For First Molt"

WHAT?!:eek: Darn... mine's going to be $250! All of the supplies I want for my new tank total about $400, and I'd already spent about $150 on all the supplies for my first tank... Phew. I love them though, otherwise I wouldn't be doing this. :rolleyes:

12. willow555

willow555 (Large Crab)

If I had that kind of money i would spend it on them!

13. vckums

vckums Moderator

Before you buy a fishtank, ask the store if they carry reptile tanks. They are usually a lot cheaper then a fish tank and less heavy.

You could also check www.freecycle.org & www.craigslist.org for free/cheap tanks.

14. DecAbbersMama

DecAbbersMama "Preparing For First Molt"

I have been given a lot, had the tank from freecycle, but as far as shells, climbers, hideys, ETC I have probably spent about $150.

15. xAizaOnigirix

xAizaOnigirix (Small Crab)

I haven't spent too much in comparison to some, about $130, but the worst is still to come, i think =/

16. willow555

willow555 (Large Crab)

I am looking on freecycle for 30 gallon tank that is cheap! I have probably spent 35.00

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.