1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much money have you spent on hermit crabs?

Discussion in 'You Are In: POLL Parade - Just! Poll's.' started by OneOnion, Jun 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OneOnion

OneOnion "Preparing For Third Molt"

Shoot how do you add a poll? D: Wait NEVERMIND DON'T REPLY TO THIS THREAD SORRY!! I FORGOT TO ADD A POLL AND THE POLL's SUPPOSED TO BE PRIVATE SO DON"T REPLY TO THIS!! Someone delete this please D:

Sorry

-----EDIT-----
    Wait I learned how to add a poll. The poll's private, so don't worry about anything like that. You don't have to post either you can just vote.

Sorry for the inconvenience... :eek:

Last edited: Jun 2, 2009
  2. OneOnion

I've spent about $200. Almost all of what I got in my wallet :eek:. You don't have to reply to this trhead if you don't want to it's okay.

Also if any of the moderators think this is like... personal-ish stuff that's rude to talk about or something then you can delete this thread I understand.:D

3. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Whoa OneOnion----slow down before you hurt yourself!!:D:D

Ok...are you sure you want to make the poll private? (scratches head?)
    Hehe...I don't mind answering...a poll means it's a place that people can reply to if they want to without a lot of chatter involved.

So, I'll go back and vote on your poll....um....I can't remember, did you have a $5000.00 place on there? hahahahahahahahahaha
    JUST KIDDING---HONEST!!:D

4. OneOnion

I meant private by if you vote then it won't show your name or who voted for what.

5. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

I did not spend it all at once and bought everything off craigslist so it was not too much.

6. Livada

Livada (Micro Crab)

Well, my parents got me the crabs and a lot of supplies for Chirstmas, so I didn't spend anything at first. :) Since then though I've been getting them more, so I'm sure it won't be too long before I spend a lot of money on them!

7. cococrisp

I got some stuff for my birthday to help me get a running start on my new 120 gallon tank.

8. Laughs O Lot

Laughs O Lot (JUMBO CRAB)

I didn't spend a lot yet but I have have seventy something dollars to spend on my new tat! Woohoo! :D

9. cococrisp

Awesome. I wish I had that money to spend on my tank.;)

10. deege39

deege39 (Micro Crab)

I haven't spent that much money on my hermit-crabs. Their 20 gallon tank was a free gift to me from a client of mine... After the fish I had sadly passed, I broke it down, deep-cleaned it, then set it up and two days later went out and got some Hermit-Crabs... (I'm not a stranger to crabs, but it was the first time they'd be mine.)

Most of the plants I got, I got from a petstore, but now I've recently found that Dollar Tree has the same plants and vines for a fraction of the price!! lol! A lot of the stuff I get them, like food dishes and stuff, I use coupons on or I get on clearance... I'm a savvy shopper!

11. cococrisp

I get everything off craigslist and that Dollar Tree really beats it all. I went there for all my decorations.

12. CrabLover910!

CrabLover910! (Micro Crab)

I only spent about $70 setting up my crabitat and buying my two starter crabs but since then i have bought more food and shells and a new crab.

13. cococrisp

Really? What type of tank do you have?

14. crabalicious

crabalicious "Preparing For First Molt"

I have accumulated all my crabs and most of my equipment for free from freecycle and craigslist. I think i visited like 5 or 6 people over a couple months and gathered most everything I needed. I'm lucky to live in a big city. I'm glad I took the time to start out that way, cuz this hobby is addicting and can be costly to "do it right".

15. Poppy

Poppy "Second Molt, A Success"

Around 250 + counting, not to metion I got my cage for free from my girlfriend's parents witch costs around 200 lol

16. fritteritter

fritteritter (Micro Crab)

I've saved a lot, not sure if I've paid full price for anything... the 90 gallon aquarium and lid were only $40 because they thought it was a "bulky" 55 gallon lol

17. crabalicious

crabalicious "Preparing For First Molt"

What a score!! Wish I had come across a deal like that.

18. Jessafall

Jessafall "Preparing For First Molt"

I've only spent around 150 so far getting everything i need, all i need to get are shells, food, sand and crabs and i'll have spent around 200 total, that's including the 55 gallon i got for $40 and the 10g ISO i got for free. I also got a 20H and 20L for $10 each but they are just sitting in the corner empty since i had found the 55 gallon instead. i might use the 20 gallons for fiddlers or some other reptile

19. CoolDoggy10

CoolDoggy10 (Large Crab)

Who spends $2,000?

20. Jessafall

Jessafall "Preparing For First Molt"

i hit the $2,000 by accident. the first time i crabbed i spent around 1,000 for the year i had the crabs. i had to buy everything in stores or online cause i lived in a city so i didnt' have access to the woods or rivers like i do here at home. so i estimated i spent around 1,000. which is why i am a cheapskate now that i live back home. haha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.