1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much do you pay for crabs?

Discussion in 'General questions about care.' started by tb1234, Nov 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chattykathy

chattykathy (Micro Crab)

2. moire_eel

moire_eel "Second Molt, A Success"

If it's necessary, crabs can be shipped via overnight shipping -- either USPS or FedEx. They should be carefully packed in a sturdy plastic container with moist paper towels or moss to keep them from rolling around. And the plastic container should be shipped in a larger shipping container with lots of padding/insulation to protect it, since the shipper probably won't be careful no matter what you write on the box. It's not advisable to ship crabs when the weather is very hot or cold, though heat packs can be used in some cases where it's cool but not yet cold.

3. Felicity Loves Animals

Felicity Loves Animals (Small Crab)

Yes, you can. But a lot of those people on Crab Street Journal, they don't like having their's shipped!

4. Eric

Eric "First Molt, A Success"

Hi I just had to jump in on this discussion [​IMG]. As far as shipping we ship our crabs by USPS overnight mail. If it takes longer we will not ship. Also we will not ship in extreme cold or heat. Also our crabs are shipped in insulated boxes with heat packs and the crabs are put in a plastic container with moss and a sponge. Our crabs are also kept in glass tanks with EE for a min of 2 weeks. We keep our crabs like they are our own. We believe this makes them less stressed for shipment.

5. Hermies_Rule

Hermies_Rule "Never Molted"

I tihnk here at PetsMart the smaller ones are about 4 or 5 dollars and the bigger ones are 6 dollars

6. tb1234

tb1234 (Micro Crab)

Eric, are you still shipping crabs?

7. chattykathy

chattykathy (Micro Crab)

[​IMG] welcome , and lol , just a warning , once you get a crabbie , and you tank , you are going to want more and more crabbies , and a bigger tank !!!!!!!!! i just love my crabbies , and i love this web site , ive met some wonderful people here. hugs, kathy

8. ashleigh

ashleigh "First Molt In Progress"

I am still looking for a new crab but just my luck I can find any crabs ANYWHERE. I might have to wait a for a while it will be Chritmas in 6 week and I would be joking if i said I will get some.I might just forget it for a while. still looking. [​IMG]

9. chattykathy

chattykathy (Micro Crab)

[​IMG] asleigh. i will keep my eyes and ears open for you , however i live in the states , i have asked about the shipping of crabbies , just trying figure out costs , and safe handling for them . im still so sorry for your loss , im here for you any time my email is posted in my profile. hugs kathy

10. moire_eel

moire_eel "Second Molt, A Success"

I am surprised to hear that hermit crabs are so hard to find in Australia. Are they not popular pets there?

11. kuplakrabs

kuplakrabs "Second Molt, A Success"

I'm surprised too... [​IMG] guess that means we will be unlikely to ever own any Variabilis.

12. ashleigh

ashleigh "First Molt In Progress"

well when ever I go to the pet shops their out of crabs or when they get crabs out to show me what they have the crabs are Dead. [​IMG]

13. Eric

Yes we are still shipping but it depends on where they are shipped to as far as the weather.

14. tb1234

tb1234 (Micro Crab)

Eric-do you have a different site that you are using for shipping/buying details?

15. Eric

No I just post on here because the store I have is hosted with ebay and they will not allow it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.