1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How long?

Discussion in 'Frequently Asked Questions' started by KirbysMom, Oct 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KirbysMom

KirbysMom Guest

Okay, so yesterday night my mom told me the exterminator was coming today...PANIC! Lol...Today, my day off, my boss called me to tell me something really cute that one of the dogs did and I asked her if I could leave the crabs there for a couple days. She said sure. I took them over today, but how long should I leave them out of the house. The guy said he wouldn't spray in the rooms but he was doing the doorways and closets. I didn't care, I wanted them away fromt he house. How long should they stay away?

2. vckums

vckums Moderator

When are you(humans) allowed back in there? Id give it a few days after that to make sure it's all aired out.

3. KirbysMom

KirbysMom Guest

We, the dogs, and the cats were all allowed to stay in. He said it was petsafe but I wanted the crabbies out of here since he was putting pesticides down. I was goin to wait two days...

4. Joey Oh

Joey Oh Guest

I would say that 2 days would be fine... it should be aired about by then.

Sorry you will have to miss your babies for a few days!

5. KirbysMom

KirbysMom Guest

It's great though Joey..I don't have to miss them..they are at my work :) Sure, I don't get to wish them sweet dreams at 9:30pm..but instead at 3pm...but they seem okay. I was nervous last night since it was there first night but when I got to work at 7 this morning they seemed fine. Lacee and Macee are wodnering about and Kirby dug in the corner of the tank. That is the first time I've ever seen him dig. JaCi is still dug under but I don't smell anything yet. I am still so nervous about her being under!

6. KirbysMom

KirbysMom Guest

They are home! Yay! I told my boss today that I would be taking them home when I left and she was upset. She actually got attatched to the little cuties over the last 3 days! I told her she would and she said "They are hermit crabs...". I laughed at her today :) But they are home..and seem happy. JaCi is still dug under but she moved a little so she is still alive...I can not wait for her to come up. It has been a week and half so far :-/

7. kathleen

kathleen Guest

Hmm, now you know what to get yuur boss for christmas.

8. CrabbyChris22

CrabbyChris22 Hi, I'm New Here!

OR, maybe you could talk your boss into investing in a 20 gal tank and the decorations and you could offer to set it up and maybe donate a crab or two for the tank. Are there customers that come in? Not only would your boss have fun watching the crabs it could make for a fun conversation piece too.

9. kathleen

kathleen Guest

Ooh, I like Crispy's idea even better. Then KirbysMom gets to spend her money on more crabs for herself.

10. KirbysMom

KirbysMom Guest

Lol..I work in a boarding kennel for dogs and cats so more animals would fit in :) I would have to talk to her and see what she says! That would be too cute to have a tank set up in the office!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.