1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how long?!

Discussion in 'Isolation (ISO).' started by hello_hammerheads, Mar 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hello_hammerheads

hello_hammerheads "First Molt, A Success"

how long should i keep the aggressor in isolation after i caught him attacking one of my smaller crabs twice!?!?!?!?!?!?!?:(:confused::(

2. Jason

Jason Moderator

It would be best to figure out what is causing the aggression. Just a couple of quick questions. Do you have enough shells? Are they getting enough protein? Do you have multiple hiding spots for your crabs to hide? When you witnessed the aggression, were they both in the same spot? If so, what part of the tank was it happening?

Jason

3. hello_hammerheads

thay have enough shells i think, i could get them some more... but i am not made of money. =[ i am trying though. they should be getting enough protein, when this happenned they had chicken in the tank, there are plenty places to hide and it happenned when they were next to each other in the corner with the shells. =[ he looks so sad in iso =[

4. vckums

vckums Moderator

I still am thinking it has to do with the shell.

5. hello_hammerheads

probably, i noticed last night oblina was shell shopping and didn't see anything she liked, i have shells that would fit her but she likes odd ones, and then i heard alot of noice and i come back and she is on top of him!!! she did this a few times last night and this morning he was upside down and she was ontop of him! i don't want to put him is iso today to keep him safe but i might have to because i have school. =[ i feel so bad.

6. Hermie's rule

Hermie's rule "Second Molt In Progress"

Just leave him in the iso! It should keep him safe -(it will) :) Sorry. What species is your crab Oblina? Please let me know.

7. hello_hammerheads

they are all pp's. oblina is my biggest and zonked is my second-to-smallest. kraken is my secont-to-biggest.:(

8. Hermie's rule

Well, everytime you see agression take out the bully and put him into the iso for a little while until he get's the message. He''ll learn. I did that with one of my hermie's. Thanks for your help. Checkup on the SOS column and the obituaries.

9. hello_hammerheads

i am sorry your hermie passed

and my crabs are just great =]
    thanks to vicky who was sooooooooooooooooo kind as to send me some shells and other things they are in their new shells and getting along just fine. the bully and the little one he was attacking were sitting right next to eachother this morning =]

THANK YOU VICKY!!!!

=] i am going to send you something for the AMAZINGNESS YOU HAVE BEEN TO ME =]:D

10. Hermie's rule

Yes I know. Its so odd that right after I've had anybody bulling some one else in my tank, that eventually they suddenly become best of friends!:)

11. hello_hammerheads

i know, i just get paranoid, i just bought 2 baby e's to put in with my other crabs, i let them adjust in iso and themn i out them in the main tank, one of them is out and about, and the other one is hiding somewhere. i just hope he isn't being attacked, i gave him a bath and i know he wasn't dying because he was really active. i think he is destressing, so i will just leave it. why is my other one not destressing? i guess not all crabs have to. they are so cute... they are blue. and the good thing is i have shells that are a little bigger than theirs so i am all set!

thanks again vicky for the shells !!

12. Hermie's rule

Are large E's active? How active are they? I tink I have one but I'm not sure.

13. hello_hammerheads

i dunno, i have 2 tiny ones... and they are sooo active it is adorable.

14. Itsy

Itsy "Second Molt, A Success"

Yeh im getting some E's Rugs, cavipes, and straws next friday and there all so active! None of them are any bigger then a loonie (canadian dollar coin).

15. hello_hammerheads

yeah, can someone please read my 911 post and giv eme advice on as to how to treat him?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.