1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do you get an avatar??

Discussion in 'The Sand Castle Lounge' started by alliswell777, Feb 3, 2011.

1. alliswell777

alliswell777 Guest

where do you guys find the avatars, & how do you get them & put them on your name spot??
    ima dingdong...

2. scoobdoo

scoobdoo "PM Jason For Custom Title"

well I managed to get rid of my picture, now I'm trying to get one on here, so far I have figured out you go to profile... forum profile something.. then you can use thier stuff or up load something, I tried to use a picture of the family but it said it was to big.

3. alliswell777

alliswell777 Guest

ok, so i could goto something like "google images" & save a crabby pic , then upload it to my profile thing?? i kno this stuff isnt complicated...but i tell ya- i dont kno alot about computer deal-things...

4. scoobdoo

I ended up going to my photo bucket taking a picture  resize it to small replace original go to share & where it has the http// I copied & then went back to my profile page and pasted it where it said I have my own pic & then went down & saved & it worked, i will ahve to mess with it some more I really don't want the crazy lady pic up there LOL!

5. marleyfish

marleyfish "First Molt In Progress"

or get the photo you want from your computer and downsize it using your paint program. copy and past it onto your paint then use the image butten then hit resize/scew and lessen the dimentions by percent. it will take a couple trys to get the size you want but it works.

hope this helps.

6. alliswell777

alliswell777 Guest

ok, i put a foto on my desktop that i wanted to use. i went to profile, & selected my info. i clicked the dot that said" have my own avatar" & then opened the file for my pic(the location saved into the slot), & then pressed "change profile" at bottom of page. its not getting my picture. it doesnt even say its too big!! heeelp!!!

7. scoobdoo

sometimes just stepping away from it a few days, then go back & messing with it helps, write every step down that you are doing, then go back and when you get to a certain point try something else & it might work. sometimes I do stuff & it works & I don't know how I even did it & I wish I would of wrote it down!