1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I...?

Discussion in 'Site Questions' started by crabbee, Aug 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crabbee

crabbee "First Molt In Progress"

How do I get "back" to somewhere?

For example, if I'm in the main forum list of catagories and go into New Crabber Zone, how do I get back to the main forum catagory list?

Then once I'm in a catagory, when I pick a topic to read, I can't figure out how to get back to the list of topics in that catagory

It always takes me a while to figure out how to navigate a site that's new to me so I'm sorry if I'm missing the obvious. lol

2. CrabbyChris22

CrabbyChris22 Hi, I'm New Here!

hi crabbee, i'll see if i can give a quick lesson (i'm at work, shhhh)

if you are in a category you can scroll up to the top and click Home to get you back to the main category list.

if you are in a thread and want to get back to that category; at the bottom of each thread there is a button that says Go Up, click that and right under where it says Home you'll see a little >> thingy and then it will have the category name you are in as well as the name of the thread you are in (for this one it is: » Site Questions » Post reply ( Re: How do I...? ). hover you mouse over the >>Site Questions>> and it will become a hand. click that and it will take you back to the category. sometimes too if you went into a category and clicked into a thread to just read (not reply to it), you can just hit the backspace key and it will take you back a screen.

any of that make sense?

3. crabbee

*whispering* Thanks, Chrispy, it doesn't make sense to read but I'm trying to do each step as I read it. I got to the Go Up button, clicked it...but I don't see the >> things. I see the name of this thread but I don't see Site Questions before it. I'm gonna go try again and look harder (till I find the darn thing or go crosseyed for a bit lol).

4. CrabbyChris22

hmmm, interesting. are you using a different theme other than the default? that might be why. i dont know how the others look.

5. crabbee

Oh, oh, oh, scratch that, I found it!!! :hermez2: lol It was waaaaay up there (close to where I was clicking on "Forum") and I was looking a bit lower, at the top of the first post-duh. Thanks!

6. crabbee

Hmmm, nope, no other theme. I do use Netscape and wondered if that might be why but...nope, my own shortsightedness. lol This is great, now it's easier to wander around! YAY! Thanks so much! *whew*

7. CrabbyChris22

oh, you found it then? i was going to say, yes, it COULD be the fact that you are using Netscape because stuff just shows up differently. heck, i didn't even know Netscape was still around.

8. crabbee

Still around? *sniffle*

Oh yeah, it is...I LOVE my Netscape-it has always been my Fave. lol

I did say something similar about ICQ, the other week, though (another fave of mine). I actually asked if it's still around. The other person didn't know, either. lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.