1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I know they are getting enough?

Discussion in 'Foods, Treats & Home Recipes.' started by Synesthesia, Jul 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Synesthesia

Synesthesia "Never Molted"

So right now, I've got two crabs that are on the surface. One won't come out of his shell, the other seems to like climbing on me. I think August likes me, but it's hard to tell.
    My question is, how do I know they're getting enough to eat? Yesterday I put this hopefully healthy crabby food in the tub, I put some organic babyfood with turkey in it, and a blob of fruity baby food (as fruity baby food tastes so good, I have to eat some of it myself.) and also some of this worm poop stuff too.
    I sometimes used to see little claw marks in the crabby food. The other day it was covered with dirt so SOMEONE probably messed it up.
    How can I know if they like what I'm giving them?

2. OneOnion

OneOnion "Preparing For Third Molt"

I guess you can look for clues like dirt on the food, food flattened in the food bowl, food out of the food bowl:)rolleyes:), and stuff like that. But there's one thing for sure, they won't starve themselves, so as long as you change to new food daily then they'll probably be fine.:D

3. Synesthesia

I did catch August sitting in his Crab Kibble Shell.
    he might have been eating. I don't know about Wall E though.

4. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Make sure you are feeding the right kibble. No kibble can completely cover the crabs necessary diet needs and most of the commercial foods are NOT safe. Like one onion said, they will probably not starve themselves if you give them food. They may have some problem where they can't eat or if they are sick, can't use claws etc. Crabs do take microbites so you usually can't really see what they've eaten.

5. Jedi_sena

Jedi_sena (Micro Crab)

I love the name August! Cute, yet sophisticated. Crabs can be picky, but I think what you're offering sounds very good. When they're ready, I think they'll be happy with it. Mine love tree leaves, so I really load their diets with fresh leaves in the summer when there are plentiful. You can always tell when they've nibbled a leaf!

6. Laughs O Lot

Laughs O Lot (JUMBO CRAB)

If you see crab marks they probably ate some. The food your feeding them sounds really good. Just check the ingredients of the crabby food on the safe food list to make sure it's safe.

7. Synesthesia

Yup, his name is short for Augustine because he has such an old looking shell and i was reading sandman. I usually catch him and his little pal (Which is actually Toguro and NOT shy) in the food shell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.