1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hot Ball has new friends

Discussion in 'General questions about care.' started by hot ball, Feb 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hot ball

hot ball "Never Molted"

I bought two new babies the other day. The final straw was the other day hotball looked so lonely. I have a cluster of empty shells in the tank (4 shells) and he spent all day over there moving them around, sleeping next to them. Either he was wishing for a friend or is planning on changing shells. Where I have no experience with that, I don't know how to tell if they are thinking about switching shells. So I jsut assumed he was really really lonely. The day we got them I bathed all three. (I read on some post you should do that so they all smell the same) Anyway, when I put them in the tank, one went to one corner the other ran to the other corner and my baby hotball went from one crab to the other a couple times and finally went to sleep next to one of them.

The two new crabs have buried themselves. I cannot see them at all. It has been almsot 3 days now, so my poor little friend is alone again. :confused: So now what, just wait? or shoudl I dig them up and make sure they are fine?? I actually have no idea where they are they are so hidden there is no sign. Can they breathe?? :eek:

2. jeswwjd23

jeswwjd23 (Small Crab)

when they are buried it is best not to distube them, they are either destressing or getting ready to molt. when i brought my last 2 crabs home they immediately dug and buried and i didn't see them for 4 days, they were just getting use to their new crabitat and destressed. they are happy and lively again, which is awsome!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.