1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Honeysuckle & Wild Roses

Discussion in 'Nutrition & Water' started by clonehappy, May 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clonehappy

clonehappy "First Molt, A Success"

I just got back from my parents house in the mountains of NC, and my mom has some WONDERFUL smelling wild honeysuckle (white blossoms) and I remember reading that honeysuckle was ok for crabbies to eat ... is it only a certain kind or is this kind ok? I picked a few and brought them with me in case, as well as some wild roses (a bright pink variety - neither of which has any pesticides these are all just wildflowers that sprouted). So just curious if these are ok since I checked EH and both are on the list just not sure about the "type" is all. Thanks for any insight :)

PS - just looked around at some wild style roses and they look to be cabbage roses if that helps anything

2. vckums

vckums Moderator

Both sound fine to use, lucky you!

3. clonehappy

clonehappy "First Molt, A Success"

Yay! :D I put a couple honeysuckle blooms with a few petals of the roses ... since I'm not sure how much of the rose plant they can eat lol ... we'll see if it gets messed with throughout the night

4. squarejelly

squarejelly Hi, I'm New Here!

I have some wild honeysuckle near my house that I started getting them last year. At first it was a big hit, I guess because it was something new but now I only give it to them maybe once or twice a month because any more often then that and they won't touch it. They are just way too fussy. I also dry some so they have some to eat when the plant isn't in bloom. My Florida red belly cooters (turtles) seem to love them a lot more then my crabs though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.