1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Rock' started by MissHaze, Jul 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MissHaze

MissHaze "Never Molted"

Hello to all. I am a new owner, I currently have three of the shelled wonders. They were "adopted" from someone who was not caring for them properly, okay, so I basically didn't give the person a choice, I hate any kind of cruelty and this person wasn't even giving the poor things water...THEY HAVE GILLS DUH!!! So I took full and total custody. They now live in a 20g crabitat, currently under construction by myself, and them. lol. Any and all advice is welcome. I hope to acquire more additions to the little family very soon. I will post pics as soon as I can.

The largest is named 'Taz', as he LOVES to dig, and rearrange everything I do. lol. He was actually a gift from a friend. He is to big for his shell but refuses to change. He does have multiple options though. ;)

The second was one of my originals. He is named 'Bob Jr'. I am truly beginning to think BJ is a girl, as she keeps changing between two shells, I mean one morning will be in one shell, then next morning back in old shell. The old shell is to small, new shell is to big. There are shells in between the two but BJ won't have anything to do with them. :confused:

The third and final is unlike the other two crabs, I am fairly certain they are PP's, but this one 'Steve' is not. I am still learning on the identifying so when I post pics maybe you guys can help...;). Steve was VERY shy and skittish when he came to me, but with lots of TLC he is beginning to come around. :rolleyes:

I read and subscribe to any and all websites I can find, I hope to learn MUCH MUCH MORE about my little friends. Wish me luck!

2. MissHaze

MissHaze "Never Molted"

Update...all three PP'S. One female, two males. I was joking around about Bob Jr...but she is now officially 'BJ'.:p Added some more to their home today. I think as long as everything goes well I will probably "adopt" a couple more next week. :rolleyes: The place that sells them here is evil...not enough sand, painted shells, over population...*shiver*:mad:...now that I have learned more, I just feel terrible.:(

3. WizKidsMom

WizKidsMom "Preparing For Third Molt"

Welcome !

After reading all you can from the web, you may get frustrated as some information can be conflicting. Don't be afraid to ask here when/if that happens.

4. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Hello, welcome to the forum! :)

5. CoolDoggy10

CoolDoggy10 (Large Crab)

Welcome to Hermit-Crabs-R-Us!!!!!!

6. Laughs O Lot

Laughs O Lot (JUMBO CRAB)

Hi! :D Welcome!

7. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

WELCOME glad to have u.

8. MissHaze

MissHaze "Never Molted"

Thanks so much for the warm welcome. I will definitely ask if needed. :)
    I am so excited!!!:D

9. CrabLover910!

CrabLover910! (Micro Crab)

Yo!
    I've been here for 3 or so months now since I got my little hermies and i love it everyone is so welcoming and freiendly and helpful!

GO HCRU!

:D (*)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.