1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Rock' started by Arawn, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Arawn

Arawn Hi, I'm New Here!

Hi!

My name is Sarah and I've had hermit crabs for over a year now.   I started with a cheap-o kit because that's what they had where I got my first crab, and then upgraded the very next day to a 10 gallon tank.   He's still around and still kicking.

About 2 months ago I got a 29 gallon tank from my fiancé so I wouldn't have to re-home my guys (I had a little bit less room than I should have had for the amount of crabs I have).  Now everyone lots of extra room!  I have 16 guys, only one of which is of any substantial size -- most of my guys are smalls and I have two tinys.  I was going to stay with 14, but 2 guys caught my eye at this souvenir shop and I had to get them because they didn't deserve to be there.  If I could have rescued the 100 or so crabs that were there, I would have.  But no room.

My crabs are:

Viktor, Ron, Harry, Tonks (v), Norbert (v), Lupin (v), Cedric, Pig, Fred, George, Anubis, Horus, Ursa Major, Ursa Minor, Valiant, and X.

V = viola

All the rest are PPs.

My non-crabbing life:

I'm a history major and I graduate next May.  I have a dog, a rabbit, and 5 fish along with the hermit crabs.   I enjoy reading, sleeping, and learning.  

Anyway, I'm glad to be here! :D

2. vckums

vckums Moderator

:welcome: Glad you joined Sarah!

3. imported_CrabHappy

imported_CrabHappy "Never Molted"

Hi Sarah! It's nice to meet you! I'm Mandee, and I'm new to the forum as well. I'm one of those research-before-you-buy-anything people, so since I'm going to pick up my babies in January, I thought it'd be nice to be prepared well in advance. I'd love to get to know you better! Welcome!  :hula:

4. Arawn

Arawn Hi, I'm New Here!

@ Vckums:  Thank you!

@ CrabHappy:  Thank you!  It's nice to meet you, too.  I wish I had been prepared before buying, but it's too late now.  I also wish someone had told me that hermit crabs were addictive. x3

5. imported_CrabHappy

imported_CrabHappy "Never Molted"

Haha, they are, and I don't even have mine yet! :) Still deciding on names for the three I'm picking up after Christmas..  :chuckle: