1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi, Im new here

Discussion in 'The Welcome Rock' started by Jess, Jul 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jess

Jess Guest

Hi, my name is Jessica. I have had hermit crabs for about 7 months, so i guess you could say Im kinda new to it. At the moment I have 6 healthy, happy, and active crabs. Me and my sister each got a crab for christmas. Then I got my crab a friend, and my sister got 3 more crabs. Soon, my sister started niglecting her crabs. They were living in mold, there food was Hermit crab Meal by Tetra Fauna (they hate that stuff), but atleast they had water. As soon as we found out how they were living, I took them in (I breed bettas so I had plenty of extra tanks). Thats how i got my 6 crabs.

2. CrabbyChris22

CrabbyChris22 Hi, I'm New Here!

Hi Jess :hello: and welcome to the Addiction. We're a fun gang and very light-hearted (we like pictures). Congrats on your newly acquired hermies.

Oh yeah, and we like pictures. I'm just letting you know now 'cause others will tell you they want to see pics. :cowboy_grin:

Have fun and don't hesitate to ask questions here.

P.S. We like pictures, hehehehehe

3. Jess

Jess Guest

lol, dont worry. Pictures are on the way

4. hermiesrokmysox

hermiesrokmysox (Large Crab)

I don't knwo about you, but I am not sure Chris told you enough that we like pictures. :laughing9:
    welcome! :lilafjerilt: hope you enjoy!!

5. Jess

Jess Guest

I got some pics of my crab, Jack, but they are really bad. I didnt have any help, and Jack was really hyper, so I was trying to get a pic of him, and keep him from going off my hand. I also have a really stuped cam, and they are all fuzzy. Ill try to get some nicer ones tomorrow.

6. hermiesrokmysox

if it's a digital cam, try putting it on the setting with a flower symbol.

7. Jess

Jess Guest

it is is digital, but I dont think it has different settings. Its a really stuped cam. Ill see... Ok, I dont think it does, but it has a flash that u cant turn off. But I think if I do it outside, it will go off. Its a rainy day, so i might do it tomorrow. I would show you my crabitat, but its under construction

8. vckums

vckums Moderator

:blower: HI!

9. hermiesrokmysox

can or can't? lol. i can't turn mine off which stinks because it messes up the pic sometimes!!! urg!
    okay, when it's finnished PLEASE post pics! lol :lilafjerilt:

10. Jess

Jess Guest

no u can't turn the flash off of my cam. Its really stinks cuz when Im trying to take a pic of something in a glass tank, it reflect off the glass.

Also, my new crabitat is almost done. i just need some more things for them to climb around on

11. Elise

Elise Guest

Hi Jess nice to meet you.

12. Shadow

Shadow Guest

Try taking the photo at a 45 degree angle to the glass. Or above/below the subject. I take almost all of my photos with flash.

13. Jess

Jess Guest

ok, Ill try that

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.