1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi, I'm new here!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Rock' started by Sarbrand, May 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarbrand

Sarbrand Hi, I'm New Here!

Hi I'm sarbrand and I have 11 crabs. 9 pps and 2Es. All my crabs have molted except Big E. He refuses to go into a hidey or dig in the sand. He just sits and looks around all day or climb the top of the screen. His shell is to small and he looks like he's ready to burst. I've tried every type of shell but he just won't change. Any ideas about this Crazy lovable E? :confused:

2. Markie

Markie "Never Molted"

Hi, welcome! :)

E's are crazy molters. They're not predictable at all lol. They also change shells super rarely, really picky I guess. Only time I've had an E change shells was when Gonzales came up from a molt naked and popped into the nearest shell he could find.
    Just a warning; that seems to be how a lot of Es go about switching shells, so if he comes up naked from a molt don't freak out! :p

3. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Yes, E's are very finicky. They change very rarely. Jumbos also molt less often but for longer. Just make sure they have several good shell choices.

4. Sarbrand

Sarbrand Hi, I'm New Here!

I've put him in ISO because he's been acting weird lately, sometimes he would sit for a day w/o moving & if I picked him up he would seem so cold for an E. Then he would start climbing the walls, like trying to get out. Now since he's in ISO by himself he thinks he's Tarzan! Hanging from the top of the screen. He's empty the salt water bowl 2 times a day. I made his hidey into a moss pit and he loves that. He likes to hide behind leaves, but doesn't like to dig underground. Just likes to wet the sand & drive me crazy. I have a micro E that went down and up so fast, I really didn't miss him. When I finally saw him he had changed shells and grown twice his size. I've had 28 molts, but this guy takes the cake!! Sarbrand

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.