1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi,Im new here

Discussion in 'The Welcome Rock' started by kittyosu, Apr 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kittyosu

kittyosu "Never Molted"

Just wanted to introduce myself.

2. Hildegarde

Hildegarde "Preparing For Third Molt"

Welcome, kittyosu. Maybe you could tell us a little more about you and your crabs.

3. kittyosu

kittyosu "Never Molted"

Well, I started out with 6 small PP's and just recently adopted 10 E's (9 small & 1 large) and 2 more large PP's from Yadokari. So right now I have 18 crabs in a 20 gallon long. I am going to transfer my set up to a 40 gallon soon because they need more room. Six of the crabs are buried right now, so its not too bad. But I definitely have my hands full! I will try to post some pics soon.:)

4. hermie 5

hermie 5 "Preparing For First Molt"

wow good for you. I am jealous that you have 10e's. I have 2 and I just love them, they are so full of energy. They seem to never sleep, and I love watching them, because they are NOT shy at all.

5. Hildegarde

I'm so happy to hear that Yadokari found someone to adopt her babies. I know she wouldn't have allowed you to if she doesn't believe you can do a great job. And yes, you do have your hands full. It can be challenging to get so many at one time.

6. kittyosu

kittyosu "Never Molted"

When I first got all the crabs from Yadokari, I was feeling a bit overwhelmed. Now I am so taken with them, I find myself staring at the tank in a trance. They are so active all day and night long, I rarely see them rest - very entertaining to say the least. The last time I emailed Yadokari, he still had 15 PP's available. So there may still be some crabs available for adoption.;)

7. Yadokari

Yadokari (Small Crab)

Ah... how awkward. I'm actually a guy :D

In any case, I truly do trust you with them! I still have 15 and in need of new homes. I'm trying to get some of my friends to ask people they know if they want crabs. So far, the only people interested are people who have no idea on how to care for them, nor are they willing to get the proper supplies. It's really unfortunate :(

Kittyosu, I haven't replied to your latest e-mail! I'm sorry :( I've been so busy lately. I finally did set up that tank I was telling you about :) I haven't taken a picture yet, but once I do, I'll e-mail back! ^^

8. Hildegarde

MR. Yadokari

I think it's great that you found someone you trust.

As for the PPs you still have, have you tried Craigslist, Freecycle or maybe even eBay?

Good luck in finding someone who can love your babies as much as you do.

9. Moi

Moi Hi, I'm New Here!

Oh I wish I could take them all - but I wouldn't want to put them through shipping to New Orleans :(

On that note - Here's a question HOW DO the online stores ship hermies to buyers and/or other stores???

10. Yadokari

Yadokari (Small Crab)

I shipped my Es to Florida for Kittyosu through USPS express mail. Although, I think priority mail works too, just takes a day longer and survival rate will go down slightly (maybe around 5% chance to find one dead, probably lower than that though).

Online stores will probably do the same thing. Using UPS, fedex or even USPS. It all comes down to how well the crabs are packaged.

11. Moi

Moi Hi, I'm New Here!

Interesting! Mr. Yadokari - I've sent you a PM :)

12. Yadokari

Yadokari (Small Crab)

PM sent! :)

13. Hildegarde

Moi

The best known and most highly regarded crabber is Tammy of the Crabbage Patch. She only will ship crabs overnight and only in the warm weather. If you want more info, go to her site (it's a site, not a forum like this is) thecrabbagepatch.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.