1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi! I'm new here!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Rock' started by danofofano, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danofofano

danofofano "Never Molted"

I'm new to this forum and i wanted to say hello! I have three crabs named Eric, Charlie and Herman.

2. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

:welcome:. If you have any question on the care of your little buddys someone always gets back to you in a short amount of time. Are you an experienced crabber?

3. danofofano

danofofano "Never Molted"

I have actually had them for weeks. I'm worried about molting, do you know anything I can do to prepare other than bigger shells, an iso tank and deep sand?

4. thetruechina

thetruechina (Small Crab)

:madhouse: welcome to the group I just went thru 2 molts so I'm still new like you other than what u already got just make sure u fot food and water for them. Let them do their thing they know what they are doingm

5. scoobdoo

scoobdoo "PM Jason For Custom Title"

make sure the sand is deep enough for them to bury deep down in, mine was at least 3x's deeper than my largest crab if that makes sense? If my crab was 1 inch tall, my sand was 3 inches deep or deeper. Make sure it sand castle constistancy. There is nothing you can do to prepare a crab for a larger shell other than boil them, let cool & stick them in the tank & hope they like the shells you pick for them. I have some picky crabs that will only use tapestry turbo shells!

6. Bugaboo

Bugaboo (Small Crab)

A large selection of shells helps too=)

7. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

make sure they have plenty of salt,and fresh declorinated water. Plenty of calcium (egg shells,cuttlebone,powdered calcium from the pet shop) also plenty of protien (meats,fish organic peanut butter) dried flowers and veggies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.