1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi, I'm Kerie, and I'm a Crabaholic

Discussion in 'The Welcome Rock' started by Kali_Ma, Apr 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lbanimals

lbanimals Hi, I'm New Here!

Kerie, your post stuck in my mind....and the other day at Petsmart I checked the crab tank as usual to see if it was empty as always....and it was full of crabs, including a few HUGE ones.

I wasn't looking for any new crabs so I hemmed and hawed and actually went back three days in a row trying to dissuade myself...and then the girl let me look at the crabs and I got two enormous ones. I just felt so bad for them! Didn't seem fair for them to die in that horrid tank or in a KK or even 10 gallon in someone's house.

I don't know if they are as huge as Leviathon, but they are easily the biggest I have ever seen myself. I took pictures to compare by.

Big crabs. They seem nice enough, although I am getting nowhere near their pinchers. And of course, the most important question of them all...

How the heck did you get yours to stay on the ten dollar bill?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Kali_Ma

Kali_Ma (Small Crab)

They are GORGEOUS! Congratulations on your new kids.

I didn't get Leviathan to hold still, he's just really shy and was afraid to come out while I was standing there.

But I am totally in awe of that claw!

3. lbanimals

lbanimals Hi, I'm New Here!

Their claws are bigger than my smaller crabs! One of my medium sized PPs, who used to be the largest in the tank, is so disgruntled about the new additions. He keeps running up to them and then grabbing the nearest empty shell and guarding it from them. As if they want a shell the size of a quarter. They just look at him. They could toss him across the tank if they wanted to.

Funny crabs. They demolished the crabitat overnight. One of the little itty bitty ruggies came around a plant and 'bumped' into one of them. It was hilarious. I have never seen a crab run away so fast. His entire body is smaller than their claw.

When I took the pictures, the darker (slightly smaller) one was pretty shy and just sort of sat there a second or two so I could snap a pic. The other was racing around the bathtub. Had to hold him in place.

The store put them in this clear plastic saucer thing with a snap on lid. And they are so big they stood up and snapped the lid right off the container on the ride home. I had to drive one handed and hold the lid on with the other.

The things we do for these crabs.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.