1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hi im kelli from va!!!!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Rock' started by kelloveshercrabs, Nov 30, 2010.

1. kelloveshercrabs

kelloveshercrabs "Never Molted"

i just realized that i have not introduced myself on here! i am kelli, 23 years old, and from virginia! i currently have one purple pincher, two gray ecuadorians, and one orange ecuadorian and I LOVE THEM! i am a poor college student, but i am constantly looking for new ways and products (from the HCA store of course) to improve the lives of my crabs. i just discovered all of this on here and i looooove it!

i have been keeping hermit crabs for about 5 years now and i love them. i hear pet smart get lots of bad raps, but i worked (ed!) there for 5 years and made it my sole responsibility to learn about and care for the hermit crabs in the store. if parents and small children came in, i showed them everything that they would need, told them about how hermit crabs are really cool animals, and usually gave some sort of "rant" about how disgusting it is to keep hermit crabs in fish tank rocks and how poorly they are cared for in shops around beach areas where they are often sold. people probably thought i was a loser, but i dont care!! i was even in ocean city, maryland this summer and literally yelled at a man because this huge cage of crabs was sitting in direct sunlight and they had no water. i rescued my purple pincher from there and he is still doing great--even though he refuses to leave his painted shell.

if you have gone into a pet smart that does not care properly for their crabs (or other animals!), i am embarassed for the company and i am sorry. we did have very specific guidelines and procedures to care for every single animal and those rules should be being executed. many pet smart people do really really care for animals, so if you see something in a store that is not being done right, you should ask to speak to a manager immediately. if you feel like that doesnt help, ask for the number of the district or regional manager and i promise things will be fixed.

my local pet store is locally owned and they are always getting in cool colors of ecuadorians!! i am excited to be on here! have a great day!

2. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

WELCOME!!  :spunky:  We're so glad to have you here...join right in and enjoy this Great Forum!  :straw:

3. momofboyz

momofboyz (Micro Crab)

Welcome.  I'm Alicia from West Virginia!  We're sister states!  LOL!

4. scoobdoo

scoobdoo "PM Jason For Custom Title"

hurray for you that you made a difference in a pet store!  :spunky: Not many people do, they are just there for the $. we are just a bunch a friendly crabby people, and really try to help each other out the best we can.

5. vckums

vckums Moderator

:welcome: Hope you enjoy the site!

6. Donny (TMNT)

Donny (TMNT) (Large Crab)

This is why I don't think the employees are to blame, Their MANAGERS are.
    Really, they're just doing their jobs.

Welcome to the forum!

7. Mini.Mrs.Crabs

Mini.Mrs.Crabs "Preparing For Second Molt"

Aw It's nice to see that crab-knowledgable employees exist!

I was once looking at crabs at petsmart. The employee picked one up, shook the shell and he wasn't moving. She goes "Oh, I guess he's dead" and THROWS HIM IN THE TRASH! of course we made her take him out and explained that just because crabs don't come out of their shell doesnt mean they're dead!
    LOL I'm ranting.
    Anyways,
    WELCOME TO THE FORUM!  :hula:

8. kelloveshercrabs

kelloveshercrabs "Never Molted"

ugh, that makes me so mad! but thanks!!!!!  :biglaugh: