1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi I have a Question?

Discussion in 'General questions about care.' started by Dragoncrab9, May 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragoncrab9

Dragoncrab9 Hi, I'm New Here!

is it okay that you can put the toy lego brand or kre-o in the tank for hermit crabs to play in?

2. Aguardian4mypets

Aguardian4mypets (Micro Crab)

I have no idea. I commend you on your idea if it doesn't hurt them. When my son was younger he used to build his pet mouse Chris condos and such. She really seemed to enjoy exploring them. Being mice are chewers he never put them in her cage. It was when he handled her (daily). I do think it would be great. I'm anxious to see other comments as I still have all of my kid's Legos in the attic. They had lots of them! :spunky:

3. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Yes Legos are fine to use and I've used them myself on an earlier tank setup. I made mine like steps because they are so slippery and the crabs couldn't climb otherwise. I needed to secure several of them together so I used Glue used for Aquarium's---it'll say SAFE fOR AQUARIUM'S, and it is safe for the crabs. I got mine at a Hardware store.
    Also let them sit out in the open for 24 hours so the smell won't be so strong when you put whatever you glue in the tank. :flower:

4. Aguardian4mypets

Aguardian4mypets (Micro Crab)

I think Legos would work nice as a retaining wall for people who like to put pools in their Crabitat. That way they could remove the pool as need for cleaning without disturbing the substrate. :banana:

5. Dragoncrab9

Dragoncrab9 Hi, I'm New Here!

:thanks:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.