1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi From New Jersey

Discussion in 'The Welcome Rock' started by gilmergirl, May 28, 2009.

1. gilmergirl

gilmergirl Hi, I'm New Here!

Hi everyone!! I'm so glad that I found this sight!! I am the fairly new owner of hermit crabs. We started out with two and very quickly became addicted(they're so much easier than my 3 kids) We got the crabs to try to teach my 7 year old autistic son about the care of animals, patience , responsibility, etc before getting a bigger animal.. Our crabs are wonderful with their own very distinct personalities.. The newest members of our chaotic family are  Thankless Beast (our big boy), Little Bit (our tiniest buddy), Firework & Carly (our daughters crabs, she's 4), Darth Hideous, and My Names Not Rick..(obscure SpongeBob reference.. he came in a Patrick painted shell..UUGGHH) We love them all and have gone way over the top with them!! Also just a quick question is the sand they sell for hermit crabs ok to use, another website said to use clean contruction sand, that the other stuff is no good damp.  we have that sand and the coconut fiber substrate in the tank now.  They all seem quite happy, but I'm very nervous about upcoming molting and I just want to make sure everything is perfect and safe for them. Thanks  Carrie:slapfight:

2. vckums

vckums Moderator

:welcome: Hope you enjoy the site!