1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey Ya'll

Discussion in 'The Welcome Rock' started by HERMEZ, Dec 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

Its Herm-EZ here.............so glad to be a part of the Hermit addictions program............Hello my name is Herm-Ez and I am a crab-a-holic!! 8) :D

2. Hello Herm-EZ, my names frenchpea and I'm a hermit crab addict too! They say the frist step is admitting, right? ;)

3. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

I know you French!! Good to see you.............yes the first step to help is admittance but I dont know if I want any more help.....Just more CRABS!!!!!!! LOLOLOL

4. I know I don't want help! But I have been forbidden to bring home any more crabs, although I must say I'd really like to increase my straws, since the ones I have are doing great!

5. Matt

Matt Guest

Nice to welcome you both, I never introduced myself to frenchpea either, I am Matt. That is all.

I am a hermit crab addict. I am waiting for the new year to get a bigger tank, more crabs, and definatly more heating and I want to make another humidifier. I have a problem, I cant fix it, these cute little buggers are so much fun.

6. CrabbyChris22

CrabbyChris22 Hi, I'm New Here!

howdy folks. i'm new to crabbing (Nov) and new to this site. this seems like a cool site so far and i hope to meet lots of fellow crab-addicts and learn lots from all of you. happy crabbing and happy holidays.

7. eroxxgurl

eroxxgurl Guest

my name is jenn...and i am addicted to crabbies...
    please i need help....
    j/k

and crabbychris...
    you will learn tons from all these guys...
    there who tough me...

8. Matt

Matt Guest

It's hard not to get addicted to them though.

Once you go Hermit Crab, you never go back.

9. yeah, it's hard to go back...

oh, and Matt...I don't think we were introduced, so hi!

10. Matt

Matt Guest

Hello to you again!

11. lol...are you just trying to boost your post #??? ;)

12. Shadow

Shadow Guest

Hi, my name is Shadow and I am a total hermie addict...
    I just got two more E's today (long story), and am up to 26 crabs, with a 40 gal breeder, a 20 gal and (once I fix it up lol) a 40 gal (regular).
    There's a possibility I may get more tomorrow (again long story)... I need help! :eek:

13. Shadow

Shadow Guest

LOL, congratz on being probably the first to reach the new "rank".

14. Matt

Matt Guest

Thanks, I had that about an hour ago, I said something to Vicki about it.

And welcome to the Hermit Crab Addiction Forums! I have had fun here so far!

Hopefully, we can shake our addictions and be fine with the crabs we have now, unless they're totally cute (like all of them) or the petstore sucks (like most of them)

15. Shadow, I want to hear the story behind the new E's!

16. Shadow

Shadow Guest

Well today, one of my uncles who I haven't seen in a while came over to visit, rather suspiciously. I knew something was up as he hadn't visited us in a while...  :-\

After the usual 'hello's' and some talking for a bit, he had left. After doing so, my mom handed me a styrofoam cup... That was moving.  :eek:  I look inside and see two little Ecuadorians running amok inside, trying to find a place to hide!

Apparantly the PetCenter (where I got my first E's) are having another 'free crab coupon' thing in the PennySaver again :mad: .  So my Uncle had gone over and got a pair of crabs to give to me for Christmas. He gave them to my mom, who, fortunatly understands that they needed humidity and like actual food to survive.

I've set up the 20 gal iso for them, and they're not doing too well I think. They'd been in that cup for atleast 5 hours, before I got them...  :-\ Pretty lethargic for E's, and they've shown no interest in food or water yet.

Tomorrow I'll see if I can get a few more with the coupon, and I'll try to give them some caresheets this time. I've also talked to Vicki about sending a letter to them.

17. Shadow

Shadow Guest

OH, also check out this link http://groups.msn.com/hermitcrabowners/crabcove.msnw .

That's her old photogallery on my MSN group. Hopefully you can view it without being a member... ???

I don't think she ever bothered to name her crabs, simply called them #1-9 ect.

Riven Liether also has a photo gallery there, dating back to January 2005. I can actually identify a few of the ones I adopted from her, based on those pics, such as the indo Goten, and the little ruggie Hachi-roku.

18. Matt

Matt Guest

That is dumb, how can they give away crabs with a cupon, so many inexperienced/unknowledgeable people are going to be endangering the poor hermie's lifes!

:D :D Your uncle gave you crabs!

19. aw, poor crabs...and E's at that!!! I wish some stores sold them around here...but not if it was like that!

oh, and my pics are up in the photo section

20. vckums

vckums Moderator

How are they this morning Shadow??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.