1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hey guys

Discussion in 'The Welcome Rock' started by mr_crimson, Nov 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mr_crimson

mr_crimson Hi, I'm New Here!

I tried to post this yesterday, but it seems like it didn't go through. Here it goes again:

I found this site after trying to log in to The Crabstreet Journal after not going there for a while and finding that with the redesign I can't seem to get the forum to work. I log in and most of the links disappear lol. But oh well, here I am!

I'm a 23 year old guy with 3 hermit crabs in a 10 gallon tank. I bought them in August 2007 from Tammy at the Crabbage Patch booth at Mount Dora. 2 boys and one girl (Tryphan, Ferran, and Alana). I got them as "smalls", but they have grown to mediums and have changed shells. I probably need to get some new ones for them. Some of the "extra" shells are way too small now.

see ya :p

2. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Hi mr_crimson---Welcome! :)
    Yes---properly fitting shells are a must, plus some that are a little too large for now, because they love trying on shells. I have 9 hermies and 25 shells of various sizes. All of my crabs are purple pinchers (PPs) so I use the turbo shells. I have one medium crab that changed into one of my large shells. It's so funny to watch him move around the tank. It looks like the shell is moving all by it's self. Actually, I don't know how in the world he carries that big thing around! :D

3. NotaMallard

NotaMallard "First Molt, A Success"

Hi, you'll love it here. I have a small guy in a medium shell too. He looks ridiculous, the shell he's in now is at least twice the size of his old one.

4. mr_crimson

mr_crimson Hi, I'm New Here!

Thanks for the welcomes everyone. Sorry I double posted.. I guess it just takes a lot longer to process than I thought.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.