1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

He's up...

Discussion in 'Molting.' started by Numbhangle, Apr 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Numbhangle

Numbhangle "Never Molted"

But really really quiet still. Could he still be in the process of molting? Or recovering? Should I let him be or can I pick him up and check him out? He's in iso right now (I thought I had to iso him while he molted), can I put him back in with his buddy?
    I feel like a new mom:D :p

2. Crabbybeach

Crabbybeach (Medium Crab)

Well maby. It sounds like to me he is done.:D

3. vckums

vckums Moderator

They do need a few days to regain the strength they used during molting. Do you see him eating and drinking? Any movement at all?

4. Crabbybeach

Crabbybeach (Medium Crab)

Yeah You really should wait a few days

5. Numbhangle

not a lot of movement, but I did just post another thread. He surface molted and I am freaked out.
    He looked really really bad last night.. a couple legs were all bent and rough looking, and he was just "off"..
    Now I know why. He never molted the whole time he was under.... weird?
    Anyway, he shed the exo right next to him, it looks like he MAY have had a nibble or two, but he's tucked in tight in his shell now... from what I can see, his legs look nice and red, dark purple.....
    Advice please!!

6. vckums

vckums Moderator

Keep others away from him. Let him harden up and make sure to offer him proteins, honey, calcium to help him build his strength up at this time. Try not to bother him much, just to add food and water. He should be up and moving in a few days.

They will bury to destress, so he might've been doing that.

Hang in there!

7. Numbhangle

Should I put him back in the iso? Right now he's in the main tank with a plastic dish over him (with airholes) so the other dude can't get to him (even though he's seems highly UNinterested).... But it's a small enclosure, enough for the crab, water and his exo.... can I leave bits of food right on the sand or does he need a seperate shell for food? I suppose I can just plop him back in the iso tank until he's good and ready.. maybe I will just do that..

8. vckums

vckums Moderator

You can keep him there is he's isolated from others. I would put the fiid on a clam dish or something as if it's on sand it may mold. Even a pop bottle top would be ok for a food dish in a small enclosure.

9. Numbhangle

oooh good idea.. I'll do that. I am boiling up some eggs now and I will leave a little for him...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.