1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Herring Steaks for Cats...

Discussion in 'Foods, Treats & Home Recipes.' started by chermo, Jun 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chermo

chermo "Second Molt In Progress"

I was at petsmart today and for .67cents I bought a bag of Herring Steaks in the cat treat section, not only does my cat love them but the crabs can have them too. They are 100% natural, this is what the package says....
    Wholesome, made from dried pacific herring with no by products, fillers or rendered materials.
    Natural, absolutely no additives, preservatives, colouring or artificial flavorings.
    Nutritious, a natural source of Omega 3 fatty acids, protein, natural vitamins and minerals.
    Safe, processed under strict quality control to meet the highest standards of nutrition.
    Ingredients: 100% dried pacific herring
    Crude Protein Minimum 65%
    Crude Fat minimum 12%
    Crude Fiber Maximum 1%
    Moisture Maximum 10%
    Omega 3 Fatty Acids minimum 1.6%
    There is a website too snack21treats.com
    I wonder if they have other kinds. I thought for .67 cents that was a great deal and they are in a bag not a can.

2. OneOnion

OneOnion "Preparing For Third Molt"

...Wow...

Those are some lucky and healthy hermit crabs. :) Mangoes, persimmons, herring steaks. I just use whatever I find in my refridgerator.:D Tell us how it goes.:cool:

3. chermo

They will be getting them tonight, I have not fed them yet tonight cause I was out shopping and when I found these I snatched them right up, I may go back out tomorrow to get more since my cat loved them so much. I am going to go to the website too. I forgot to mention too that they were on sale for the .67cents but they were I think less than $1 for the bag and if you are just giving them to the crabs they will last a very long time.

4. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Wow that sounds great! I just went to the grocery store and bought some beef and chicken and turkey and shrimp and put it in the freezer. Now they can have protein all summer.:)

5. Laughs O Lot

Laughs O Lot (JUMBO CRAB)

That's awesome! Especially since it's 100% natural! :)

6. chermo

I went today to buy 2 more bags so I had them but need to go to another petsmart to see if I can find different kinds since they are so cheap but I also found....(read below)....

As for my find today....
    I was in the treat section for hamsters and such and found...
    Brown's Extreme Garden Goodness $2.79 per bag
    Ingredients: Carrots, Zucchini, Green Peas, Green Beans, Green Bell Pepper and Sweet Potatoes
    Sodium and Cholesterol free and no added sugar all natural
    Crude Protein (min) 14%
    Crude Fat (min) .75%
    Crude Fiber (min) 4.5%
    Crude Fiber (max) 6.5%
    Moisture (max) 12%
    Then....
    Brown's Extreme Wild Berry $2.79 per bag
    Ingredients: Strawberries, Cranberries, Blueberries, and Blackberries
    Sodium and Cholesterol Free and no salt or sugar added all natural
    Crude Protein (min) 4%
    Crude Fat (min) 1.5%
    Crude Fiber (min) 5.5%
    Crude Fiber (max) 7.5%
    Moisture (max) 12%
    At this rate I will have foods for ever if I keep finding stuff like this. I did find some other all natural chicken and duck strips for dogs that also could be cut into pieces but the bags were $8 each and that was too expensive for me right now. They were also all natural in the dog treat section I didn't get those though. Just giving ideas on stuff we can use to feed our crab babies.

7. cococrisp

Wow! Those sound great. I put together my own little packets with the same type of stuff and my crab love them.

8. Laughs O Lot

Wow they sound like food from Vicki's store! :D Awesome!
    But you should try to get it from another store if they have it, not Petsmart. Petsmart treats their animals horribly, and not even only hermit crabs! :(:mad:

9. CoolDoggy10

CoolDoggy10 (Large Crab)

cheaper than hermie food

10. OneOnion

OneOnion "Preparing For Third Molt"

Wait, are you talking about commercial hermit crab food? Do you use that stuff?

11. chermo

My petsmart is pretty good in my area. I did see the top off the hermit crab cage one day but I put it back on, humidity could have used a boost but the tank is pretty good and the other animals are really treated good. When I go I always look at the animals since my 2 daughters always want to see each animal in there and we check out their conditions and most of them all seem pretty good. I don't mind buying food from petsmart or petco that I can't buy anywhere else so I do what I have to to feed my animals. I am not sure where Vicki gets her foods for her store but I do buy from her also. I just found these foods and had to share, they are such a large amount and will last a very long time (even if some do expire after 1 year, that is still a long time).

12. cococrisp

It sounds great! I Usually try not to buy from pet store because of their conditions. I never buy animals there and try to get supplies elsewhere. zthe petsmart near me is aweful. I get them to get better hermie conditions but I can't try to press them on another animal because they will jsut get sick of me. :rolleyes:

13. Laughs O Lot

That's great! :) I never actually went to a Petsmart, but I heard this lady worked in Petsmart and she investigated it and made videos on how horribly they treat their animals.

14. cococrisp

I read a slideshow on it my hermie2006 or something like that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.