1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hermy story...

Discussion in 'Kids Corner' started by hermit595, Mar 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hermit595

hermit595 Guest

I got two hermit crabs at a petshop(co)and the condishions were HORIBLE no salt water no water no food(that was not roten)nowere to hide! So I bought two and they went in there shell and the lady sprayed them with some cined cemicle!
    So I told her to stop it and she stares at me and starts doing it again!

P.S I'm 11.

2. Mrs.Crabs

Mrs.Crabs (Small Crab)

Maybe it was bug spray?
    not to scare you....but..you never know with these pet shops. Did you hear about petsmart...my daughter wrote it in another section....they were feeding them fish food (flakes). no salt water and a spit amount of water. HORRIBLE!! :aargh:

3. gracie1990

gracie1990 Hi, I'm New Here!

4. HermyTimbit

HermyTimbit "Never Molted"

I have one from PetsSmart...
    On the 15th I went ther to get some hermie supplies and I decided to see if they had any crabbies... asked the lady working there and she answered with no heart "they are in the box"... :crybaby2:
    I glared at her adn asked, with some attitude, to show me them... This will break your heart. It did mine. She ripped the box open, rummaged through it, grabben a plastic bag and with the little guys hanging for dear life in their little plastic container witha piece of something to hold one to she showed me them. I asked her how long have they been inthere wit no light, no food, no water. She just srugged!! :sad5: I bought Countess right there on the spot. If I would have had the cash I would havve bought all 6, but my DH would have killed me with the Tiger problems. But she is ISOed and doing great. A little grey blue E crab with a sky blue shell. Hence the full name.
    How can pet stores treat them like that. :think: :pain10:

5. willow555

willow555 (Large Crab)

When I get them I just take them out by myself, I have never seen a crabitat at a store with enough substrate :whaaaat: :eek:mg:
    I just hate what they do to these little animals

6. crabmania

crabmania "Never Molted"

Hey Im 12 and I have 2 crabs I just love them! I got them from petco! No salt water a little lid full of water and some kid of food that looked like rabbit poo! and some overwet substrate! NO hidy! I cant believe how they treat hermis!

7. CoolDoggy10

CoolDoggy10 (Large Crab)

Don't buy crabs in store with bad conditions. If you do that the manager keeps pushing horrible crab care :rubhands:. I have done it 2 times and told ppl who work there that the way they are caring for the hermit crabs is wrong and they might kill them.

8. luv2talk1

luv2talk1 "Never Molted"

I went into Pet Warehouse one day and when I looked at their tank (around noon) the light wasn't on, and there was no water. The water dish was bone dry....I found an employee and told him about it right away and just stared at him while he was giving me reasons why. I stood there and stared at him like...ya big dummy....go get some water!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.