1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hermit Emergency!

Discussion in 'Emergency Care - 911.' started by Cat_claw, Jun 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cat_claw

Cat_claw Hi, I'm New Here!

Unfortunatley, my hermit crab has died, bUT I ONLY HAT IT FOR 10 HOURS! we are calleing the pet store, he might have some sort of desiese(sp?) and i dont want my other crab to get hurt!!!!! sould i take him out of the tank? i dont want the peet store ownner to say that i just faked it for a free crab. Could you help me diagnose him???!?!?!!? is it contageus???? PM me please!!!!!!!! i dont want another dead crab!

2. silver616

silver616 "Preparing For Second Molt"

It sounds like it was the stress or more likely dehydration from the poor conditions crabs are kept in. Probably not a disease; however, I wouldn't leave him in the tank.

3. Crabbybeach

Crabbybeach (Medium Crab)

Hmm Yeah that's what I think. But most likely he died from stress.

4. msdiamonddawg

msdiamonddawg "Third Molt In Progress"

Hermit crabs do not carry any known diseases. He was probably very stressed out. It has happened to me too. Unfortunately PPS is very common and no matter how hard you try, you cannot always prevent a crab from dying. I went through 6 crabs myself before I finally gave up on buying more. I have my 2 original ones that are healthy and happy that I am trying to provide a good life to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.