1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hermit crab Rescue in NY

Discussion in 'Adopt A Hermie - Save A Life, Adopt A Hermit Crab.' started by crazy4crabs, Nov 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crazy4crabs

crazy4crabs "Second Molt In Progress"

Me and my Little brother have started a hermit crab rescue. We have had crabs for about 5 or 6 years (whos counting?) and we are in love. So Far we have taken in 4 hermies from people who gave their crabs to their kids for a holiday/birhtday gift and the kids forgot about them or arent interested anymore. If anyone Needs to get rid of crabs in NY please PM or email me. I would be more than willing to let my collection grow! We also are accepting tanks or and supplies to keep up with our current collection so anything you dont use would be a great help to us. Thanks :D

2. vckums

vckums Moderator

3. crazy4crabs

thanks. those are great sites but I cant find anything in my area. I have been really trying to get at least another ten gallon tank but that just not happening. I already have 2 ten gallons a 20 long and a 5 gallon iso. My mom isnt too hapy bout that but hey.. im saving lives here! lol

4. vckums

vckums Moderator

What about the local paper want ads? Also can go to aquarium stores and ask about cracked or broken tanks. They tend to discount those and can be fixed for hermits to use. Another thing to think of is that reptile tanks are alot cheaper to get then fish tanks. Breeder tanks are alot wider and can hold more.

5. reader101

reader101 Banned

Should we perhaps stay on topic with regards to Eric's posting re. adoptees? They are most important right now.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2006
  6. crazy4crabs

Yeah I already have extra substrate toys and hides. I have 2 tanks setup rite now, one a cracked tank that my dad helped me fix. I'm thinking about talking my mom into letting me get a 40 gallon breeder because then I can get rid of all the tens I have but we'll see about that.

7. vckums

vckums Moderator

I love 40g breeders. They have so much room to use. You could also print out some business/rescue cards to drop off where they sell hermit crabs in stores or any pet place. Rescue shelters etc.

Keep up the good work!

8. crazy4crabs

I cant believe I didnt think about that! I have just spread the word by mouth.... now im excited to start making cards!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.