1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hermit Crab cookies!

Discussion in 'What's Cooking? - Not Poison!' started by cluelesscrabber, Apr 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cluelesscrabber

cluelesscrabber (Micro Crab)

in the ingredients it clearly says ethoxyquin, i think...

2. rodent111

rodent111 (Micro Crab)

oh boy, i never read the bottle before, and it does say ethoxyquin on it. i hope it's not like super bad for them cause i feed it to my crabs as a treat, i guess i'll be stopping that
    and this
    ^$%@@#&!!!!!!!! i really hope this "E" crap isn't to bad for them cause i checked both kinds of food i give to my crab and unfortunantly, they both had that crap in um.

3. cluelesscrabber

Guess what? i think the food i serve my hermies has some "e" crap as well, because it has meat meal in it and i heard that it could contain the evil e! *gasp*

4. crazeecrabber103

crazeecrabber103 (Small Crab)

Ethoxyquin(Or just 'E crap'[​IMG]) builds up in our little crabbie's systems over time which can lead to molting problems, and even death!So yes, it should be avoided.

Another thing you wanna watch out for is copper sulphate.That stuff'll cause come problems too.

I just bought Nature Zone Hermit Crab Bites earlier this week and it doesn't have ethoxyquin or copper sulphate in it.It actually has a lot of good ingredients like corn meal, dried carrot,dried coconut flakes, and zeaxanthin(not sure how ta pronounce it, but it's good for hermies, that I do know).It also has some other stuff in it and I'm not sure if it's good or bad or natural or preservatives, so I've reserved it as a rare treat.

5. cluelesscrabber

i wonder where the expert crabbers get all this great food!all my pet stores have t-rex, FMR, and other stuff whose names i can't remember now.......

6. crazeecrabber103

Expert crabbers......I know you're not talking about me.LOL
    It doesn't matter if you've been crabbing for a few days or a few years. You can find the right foods if you keep a sharp eye out. I found the Nature Zone stuff at a new pet store called Super Pets. The last time I checked they hadn't even gotten their fish in yet. I sure do hope they don't have hermit crabs.[​IMG]

I can't even find T-Rex crab island at any of the lps 'round here. They have T-Rex Fruit and Flower, but that has ethoxyquin in it. Zoo Med, Tetra.........all the stuff with preservatives.

Haha my dog just snored right now.

Ok, anyway, just be careful of HBH, FMR, Zoo Med, Tetra, Crab Island(fruit and flower), and anything else with preservatives.[​IMG]

7. crazeecrabber103

Oh yes! And I forgot to mention that you can get great food at hermit crab addiction. Julia Crab's crab cuisine, flowers, and goodies galore!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.