1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hermit crab addiction

Discussion in 'Store's Exposed.' started by rcar77, Jan 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rcar77

rcar77 (Micro Crab)

I made my first purchase from hermit crab addiction. It should be in the mail. I just could not beleave how low the shipping cost. I know that what i bought was not that heavy but it seems like other stores that you buy pet supplies from they want to charge you 4-5 dollars shipping for a 1-2oz. I would like to say thank you to vickie.. It was fun looking though all the foods she supplies for hemit crabs. My wife was making fun of me because i had to buy the dried octopus and squid.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2008
  2. vckums

vckums Moderator

Was the S&H ok?? Now ya got me worried. The store can only calculate what info I put in, however I know what can fit into a box better then the store program. If someone overpays I refund the difference or ask if they want more items instead. The store program also doesn't have anything for the flat rate boxes either.

3. rcar77

rcar77 (Micro Crab)

the shipping was really cheap I thought it was wrong. I bought 9 bags of food and shipping was under 2.00. I know they are small but was not sure it was the right shipping price. i thought it would be at least 3-5 dollars

4. vckums

vckums Moderator

First class mail is pretty cheap. I pay for the confirmation number for it, think it's like 18 cents, but I want to make sure I know where the packages are and that they get there.

Parcel post is rarely cheaper then Priority, so I usually just upgrade to priority if someone uses parcel.

If you order again, and this goes for anyone, and have a question on the S&H just shoot me an email or PM and I will figure it out before you pay.

5. krackersmom2

krackersmom2 (Large Crab)

At first I thought he/she meant the shipping was expensive, but as I read more, I see now that he/she was impressed with how cheap it was....makes me even more eager to order something! I promised my son we would sit down and order a hemp net for our big 30 gallon. Thanks for the info., now I'm not so worried about shipping costs:D

6. rcar77

rcar77 (Micro Crab)

I edited my first post to make sound like i wanted it to

7. vckums

vckums Moderator

S&H on a net,via priority, is $4.60. I've not shipped them airmail due to the bag they are in, but if you prefer not to have the bag I can ship them that way. I can always weigh the net seperately and see how many ounces it is.

USPS.com is a good site to check out pricing if you want to get ideas. Up to 1lb is $4.60 priority. 2lbs is 7.60(if I remember right on this) If it's more then 3 lbs I would go flat rate (8.95) unless it can't fit in the box. USPS changed its rates recently and they have you fill out the box dimensions. It's weird now. Before all you had to do was weight. Now they want weight of the box, the dimensions, is it an oversized box, longer then 27 inches. Crazy!

8. rcar77

rcar77 (Micro Crab)

wow stuff is so complex now. it was so simple back when we had horse and buggies LOL:D

9. vckums

vckums Moderator

LOL Am I showing my age? Age is just a number right, well then I'm sticking to 29!

10. rcar77

rcar77 (Micro Crab)

LOL Works for me

11. Chuck_Norris

Chuck_Norris "Preparing For Second Molt"

I just placed an order... ordered lots of food and a hemp net... I've seen so many people that have them and I'd like to try one out with my crabs. I live right around St. Louis, so about how long does it take to ship?

12. vckums

vckums Moderator

It depends on how you pay. If its paypal it goes out that day. If it's a money order/check I wait til I get it. Priority is 2-3 days.

13. Chuck_Norris

Oh, okay... paid with Paypal. :D Thanks!

14. vckums

vckums Moderator

Welcome!!! I know when I order stuff for myself, I want it NOW lol So I get the orders out the same day. There's been times where it's been a day later, should it be longer there's always a message put on the front page of the store. Only time it's happened is when I went in for surgery. There was only a few days delay as I had my husband and oldest kid pack the orders for me as I played the supervisor role. LOL

15. alli'smommy

alli'smommy "Preparing For Third Molt"

I placed an order today. I am not signed up with PayPal, so I'll have to send you a check :(
    Can't wait--I am so excited to feed my crabbies your yummy food!!!

16. krackersmom2

krackersmom2 (Large Crab)

You are a great business woman! Keeping your customers satisfied keeps 'em coming back for more....and having a great product!

17. vckums

vckums Moderator

Thank you for the kind words!! I try. *hugs*

18. Chuck_Norris

Wow... I placed my order on the 25th and I received it today! I am sooo pleased with my order... I got a lot of goodies, and at this moment I have a crab sitting in each food dish! I also ordered a net, and though they haven't discovered it yet, I love the way that it looks and the way it's constructed! When I upgrade to a bigger tank I will undoubtedly order more. Thanks again!

19. Yadokari

Yadokari (Small Crab)

I just got my stuff today too! I'm EXTREMELY satisfied. Well, beyond satisfied. I opened the long package and found little packets of food falling out. I was like, "Uh... I could've sworn I didn't order any of this..." So I got more than I asked for. The small green turbo shells are amazing. There's so many of them and since I have many small crabs, they're all going to be happy. Although I didn't really pour in everything into the tank. There's just too much, haha. But then, that gives me a reason (bad reason) to go out and buy more crabs, just because I have shells for them! Good day today!

20. vckums

vckums Moderator

You guys rock! Thanks for the kind words. Glad you both like the items. That right there makes my day!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.