1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Herbert's back, but..

Discussion in 'Molting.' started by Markie, Jun 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Markie

Markie "Never Molted"

He's missing two legs.
    One on each side.
    He seems to navigate just fine, aside from a very slight wobble, and he's getting along with the other crabs, but I'm just worried.
    Other than the two missing legs, he's rather in tact.
    He took about four weeks to molt and came up tonight (I was looking for little Nigel and found him in the under-water-dish-shack.
    I'm very concerned about the little guy. He's always been a special one. :]
    (I think it's the two middle limbs on both sides, after the pinchers.)

Oh, and I picked him up to make sure I wasn't just not seeing the limbs, and I think for the first time he tried to pinch me. o_o;; I can't blame him, I'm sure he's upset.

Is there anything I should do for him?

Also, sorry if I'm sorta threadspamming. >_o I don't like posting more than one thread.

Oh, and I didn't interrupt the molt, and he's currently (and seemingly happily) eating a home-picked fig.

2. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

He will be fine- might molt soon just to fix himself.........offer lots of rich good foods so he can prepare for the next one.

3. Hildegarde

Hildegarde "Preparing For Third Molt"

Yes, they can navigate just find if it's two walking legs, one of each side. As HERMEZ said, make sure he gets plenty of calcium and protein. And don't be surprised if he goes down early to moult.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.