1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

~help!~

Discussion in 'General questions about care.' started by boxerboy95, Jun 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boxerboy95

boxerboy95 Hi, I'm New Here!

Im new to this crab thing and I own three currently. They are all purple pinchers but two of them are in one of those painted shells. The other one is in a natural shell that looks a little big for him but he doesnt switch because he never leaves the shell! He is always scrunched up inside of it. I only got him yesterday but I have NEVER seen him outside of the shell or moving or anything. I would say hes dead but I know hes not because I leave him in one part of the tank and then he is in another section a while later. He is new and relativly small so I think he might just not be used to the new place.Can anyone give me a few pointers or anything to help me find out whats wrong or what I can do to make him feel at home if thats the case.

-Thanks to everyone that helps

2. DaisyCrab

DaisyCrab (Small Crab)

Well I don't think theres much you can do really. My Jay Jay is STILL shy to this day and I've had him since last August. He jumps right back in his shell the minute I go near the tank. Some crabs are just skiddish I guess.
    With any luck he'll come around.

Good luck!

3. boxerboy95

boxerboy95 Hi, I'm New Here!

thanks alot for the help :)

4. DaisyCrab

DaisyCrab (Small Crab)

No problem. If theres one thing I've learned since owning hermit crabs it that every one of them has a different personality.

5. WizKidsMom

WizKidsMom "Preparing For Third Molt"

Since you just got him, you have to allow him to get used to the 'new' home. Just leave him be. I have a one who watches us. The minute we look at him, he hides in his shell only to peek out when he thinks we are not looking.

6. DaisyCrab

DaisyCrab (Small Crab)

Lol WizkidsMom, your crab sounds like a character. Thats cute.

Yes, thats what I should have said, since he new he's probably pretty nervous. He will most likely come around in time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.