1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help

Discussion in 'Emergency Care - 911.' started by hello_hammerheads, Apr 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hello_hammerheads

hello_hammerheads "First Molt, A Success"

:( :( does anyoen know how to move a tank of hermies in teh winter?

i am moving out of my house [independance stage] and i want to moev my crabs without stressing/freesing them. it will stil eb in teh town i am in but idk how i can do it. i can't exactly carry ten hermies in a full 20 gal tank either. i need a way to do this without stresing them as much as possible/

2. Emma Jean

Emma Jean (Small Crab)

Well I can tell you that my hermies make 4 four hour trips home every year and they don't seem too stressed about it. I take some of their sand out of their tank and some new stuff and put it in a 5 1/2 gal tank. I include that bed a beast stuff and some reptimoss to keep the humidity up. Also if there is a treat they Really like you should put a bit of that in too. If you have a plastic carrier that you will use instead of a glass tank put all the same substrate in there just make sure to cover most of the top with cling wrap to keep the humidity up. After I get home they are tyhe first thing that I deal with and give them fresh food and water and one or two of mine may burry but over all it doesn't seem to phase them. Oh, try to keep the carrier dark, they seem to like that more as well. Anyone please let me know if there is anything that I'm doing wrong but it has seemed to work so far.

3. vckums

vckums Moderator

Got a cooler? Or a really good airtight bin? Wet some moss with warm salt water, add the hermies and put them in the bon. Seal it good and then get to the new place. Set them up in the tank ASAP.
    Hope this helps.

4. hello_hammerheads

thanks guys

5. BL00DYMARY

BL00DYMARY "First Molt, A Success"

Good luck with your move, HH. You're so young to be out on your own!

6. hello_hammerheads

indeed, but old at heart.

7. BL00DYMARY

BL00DYMARY "First Molt, A Success"

Ah, I know the feeling.. only in reverse, LOL.

8. hello_hammerheads

ahaha. yeah.

i have another question. my hermit crabs always seem to be fighting, but their not. they are always entangled in one another, like with their legs wrapped around one another. i look adn watch and they are not fighting, both of each of their pinchers are on teh grown, they are just cuddling?

9. Crabbybeach

Crabbybeach (Medium Crab)

Well try to get one of those carriers and fill it with four inches of sand. Then,emty the tank and then load it up. How long will it take you to get it all loaded up? Oh well load the crabbies in last. DON'T FORGET THEM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.