1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Shell Fight

Discussion in 'Emergency Care - 911.' started by KHNEFAN9, Sep 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KHNEFAN9

KHNEFAN9 Hi, I'm New Here!

I am new to the crab world. My sister bought me Martin as a gift. Started researching and discovered that two is better than one. I went and saved Bristol from the pet store two days ago. From the minute Martin saw Bristol he has been on top of him. He has been rocking his shell trying to get in for hours and hours. He will not stop til I break them up. Both are chirping really loud. I have concluded that they are shell fighting but I have plenty of other shells in the tank. Martin is a tad bit larger than Bristol so I don't think he can even fit in the shell if Bristol gives up. Please help I have no idea what to do to make them stop. I don't want either one to get hurt. It would just break my heart.

2. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

they have to establish who is boss- how big of a tank are they in? Shells need to be the right size- feed some proteins now

3. KHNEFAN9

KHNEFAN9 Hi, I'm New Here!

Well after two weeks of fighting Bristol finally gave up and let Martin have his shell. Noticed that morning that they had switched. But what makes me mad the most is that Martin didn't stay 24 hours in the shell he has fought two weeks for. He switched again to a shell that has been in there the whole time. Go figure. Think he is finally happy been in this one for a week.

4. List Of Demands

List Of Demands "First Molt In Progress"

those crabs are strange little critters like that.

5. alli'smommy

alli'smommy "Preparing For Third Molt"

I guess we all know who's "king" now, huh!!! Crabs are so funny!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.