1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Please!

Discussion in 'Molting.' started by Jenny20, May 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jenny20

Jenny20 Hi, I'm New Here!

Well it was about a week ago (or two) that I bought two crabs, Bonnie and Clyde. Right when I got put them back, I noticed Bonnie looking at a shell, she went in the shell but after a short while came out of it and went back in the old one. So, I play with then every day but today I found something...awful.

I think they are both dead, they are my first crabs and I don't understand what went wrong. Bonnie is in her shell but not moving, she looks completely dead. Clyde is out of his shell, unmoving and I carely checked but that really is him. Are they both really gone or just molting?

2. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

checking out a new shell is fine-- she may be preparing to molt (they also get lethargic when they do)- when they smell fisshy then they are dead, The naked crab is not a good sign and may be dying but check your gauges and make sure temps/humidity are all ok- some also streak if infested with mites.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.