1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help! my hermie's gone missing!

Discussion in 'Emergency Care - 911.' started by devlin, Aug 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. devlin

devlin Hi, I'm New Here!

Yesterday I was trying to take a picture of my one of my new hermies, Lex. I put him back in the tank safe and I remember because he was very active, not like the others (perhaps he's a different breed). I didn't get to get them out last night so I went to check on them this morning, however, I only found 3 of 4 hermies! Lex has gone missing! I know I put him in the tank, and i covered the hole on the top, but it would be impossible for him to climb out anyway and everything on top of the tank was undisturbed. The stuff in the bottom of the tank I sifted through but found him to no avail, and its not that deep anyway. I just don't understand how he could disappeer off the face of the earth like that. I miss him so much, he had a different shell and personality compared to the others so he was very special :(

Any ideas on what I could do to find him? I hope he was there the whole time

2. silver616

silver616 "Preparing For Second Molt"

If there's no way he could escape from the tank, he most likely is buried somewhere...if that's the case...just let him be! It's crazy how they can disappear so fast, but they are tricky little guys!!!

3. rogerstrish

rogerstrish Hi, I'm New Here!

When we lost a hermit crab, I placed the aquarium on the floor, with some extra shells. He was definitely not in the tank. He came back 1 week later and was just lying next to the tank. He is doing fine now.

4. alli'smommy

alli'smommy "Preparing For Third Molt"

I have went into a panic before thinking for sure that a crab was missing and it turned out, they were just buried! They can sure be tricky sometimes. I would not go digging him up, though. He is probably destressing or molting in which case digging him up could be fatal! They bury alot just for fun, too! If you're positive that he didn't get out, I would just wait a while, could be several weeks, and he'll reappear!! Keep us posted!

5. dombeef

dombeef Hi, I'm New Here!

help!!!!! my hermetcrab's food has gray mites on it

6. Mallie

Mallie "Preparing For First Molt"

then toss it out! Are you using commerical food? Like from the pet store?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.