1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Me Please

Discussion in 'Emergency Care - 911.' started by XregretableloveX, May 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XregretableloveX

XregretableloveX Hi, I'm New Here!

I'm scared.
    i got Daniel 2 Sundays ago..
    his leg fall off
    what can i do?
    how long can i keep him in water?
    does the destresser thing work?
    help me please

2. silver616

silver616 "Preparing For Second Molt"

I'm not sure what you mean by "how long can i keep him in water?"...hermit crabs are land dwellers. If you are talking about bathing him, I would not do that since the leg falling off is a sign of stress. There is some "controversy" over whether or not bathing more helpful or stressful to a crab. I don't bathe mine, I just make sure they have a water dish that they can submerse in if they choose.
    Anyway, I wouldn't submerse your crab in water at this point b/c it will most likely stress him out more.

The reason his leg most likely fell off is b/c he is stressed from going from the "wild" to warehouse to store to you (Post Purchase Stress aka PPS). If it were me, I'd take a "hands-off" approach with him for now and make sure he has a nice quiet place to de-stress (a hidey hut or something in your tank). Also, I'd make sure to check the temp and humidity to make sure they are both in the right range (I keep mine at 75 for both).

3. krackersmom2

krackersmom2 (Large Crab)

If you have him in the water and he's making no attempt to get out, then he's probably dying. They can drown....I answered some on your other post too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.