1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help making a second level?

Discussion in 'HCRU Crabitat's - Biography's Of Our Crabitats' started by JessieMarie, Jul 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JessieMarie

JessieMarie "Never Molted"

I'm going to be getting a 27 gal (yay!) and I want to put a second level in, maybe two. Definitly one for their shells, maybe one with a hut on it. Any tips of what to use/how to stick it up there?

2. HermitPaws

HermitPaws "Fourth Molt, A Success"

may i recommend that you get a 29 gal instead
    as for the 2nd level use sucion cup big ones
    or just but at target or walmart a all plastic shower caddy( with out metal hooks)

3. JessieMarie

JessieMarie "Never Molted"

The only place I can buy plain tanks only sells 25, 27, 33. They comepletely skip 29 :(
    Okay, thanks for the tips. Thats pretty much what I was thinking.

4. ninjasgorawr

ninjasgorawr (Micro Crab)

aah, don't worry. I have a 10 gallon (because that's all I can fit on my dresser!), so you'll be fine. :)

5. krackersmom2

krackersmom2 (Large Crab)

You're fine with a 27. I think our friend was just trying to tell you to go as big as possible so you don't have to upgrade again:D

You can find plastic shower caddies at Wal Mart with the bathroom hardwares (plumming), not with the towels and decor. Try to get the ones that have big plastic suction cups. When you put it in the tank, make sure to wipe away any sand grains from the glass or it won't stick well.
    You can find corner caddies and I found an oval shaped one that fit nicely across the back of my smaller 10 gallon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.