1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP!!! Lost one already don't want to lost another!

Discussion in 'Emergency Care - 911.' started by ILMiHermies(3), Nov 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iblab crab

Iblab crab (Micro Crab)

OK,Thank's trixie.I was not aware that they left the shell to molt underground. That might explain why some crabbers find a naked crab buried.I don't think this is normal or common molting behavior.
    I understand what you are saying about that one type of uth.
    IBlab crab

2. scoobdoo

scoobdoo "PM Jason For Custom Title"

that was MY EXPERIANCE with my crab that i found when i had crabs dig up others and when i dug up one, i have found them out of their shell, you can have years of experiance on a forum and have crabs for years and YOU NEVER STOP LEARNING! if you question something about what has been said, i do not feel that is beeing rude at all. sometimes people can not get what they are trying to say down on written form and not all things work for everyone with their crabs, you have to take into consideration of the climate you live in, type of crabs you have, how bad the conditions were to start with when you got your crabs effects the their molt. so you take suggestions of what is given and adapt them to make them work or you don't use them.
    i did not realize or pay attetion to uth's! i didn't know their where 2 types!
    i must have the tropical's, i should of got a dessert fot for my 55, my room is super super cold when the snow flys and the wind howls. i have 1 large uth and a couple small it works, but i think it looks tacky.

3. Iblab crab

Iblab crab (Micro Crab)

Thanks for the reply scoobydoo,Another thing to worry about while they are molting. I use a ultratherm and I love it.I am not sure what type it is,but it does not look bad on the back.The black background looks good with a natural sea fan in front of it.So do you use a uth under your tank?
    IBlab crab

4. CrabAddict

CrabAddict Moderator

I had an e leave her shell underground when molting too. I know she did because of a molt window she made. Here's a link with pics. You can see her shell next to her I thought it was her exoskeleton.
    http://thehermitcrabaddiction.net/forum/index.php?topic=7757.0

Anything's possible with these guys I suppose. I'm learning something new everyday.

5. scoobdoo

scoobdoo "PM Jason For Custom Title"

no, my uth is on the back of the tank, i try to camo it with fake plants in front of it.

6. ILMiHermies(3)

ILMiHermies(3) Hi, I'm New Here!

Ok so i went looking for my hermies tonight and i found one (Hades) whom i though was dead, had molted. It must of been a few days ago (i let them stay buried awhile before i go looking for em) because when i set his shell down he came out and was freshly hairly, more red than pink, and had the little black things on the end of this legs. Now Hades is Kermies brother. Kermie is the one i was really worried about during is first molt (which he is doing very well) and started this thread. When i lifted their water shell i found that kermie has made another molting hole. Is it normal for them to molt so back to back?? He just molted beginning of Nov. and hes trying to molt again?? I image everythings fine... but is that healthy? Like a woman being pregnant back to back....

7. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

Molting means growing.growing means healthy. If the crabs are small they will molt allot.

8. ILMiHermies(3)

ILMiHermies(3) Hi, I'm New Here!

he wasn't that small when we got him. I guess you could say he was bout medium but ok!! Sounds like a great answer to me!!!!

:thanks:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.