1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help identifying type of my crab

Discussion in 'General questions about care.' started by Jay588, Sep 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jay588

Jay588 Hi, I'm New Here!

I got this guy from a local chain petstore and it seemed a little different from my first crab I got about 2 months ago. By different I mean he has a humongous big pincher:eek:.

Here is a head on picture, You cant really tell the actual size, but hes a good 3". I noticed in the tank at the petstore he was the largest and the empty shells were definitely too small for him. As soon as I brought him home he changed into one of my larger empty turbo shells, changed back into his original and then back into the turbo! Lol

Also, my first crab(who is missing his BP by the way and about an inch smaller) looks to be scared of him, hiding atop of a sea-sponge :confused: Is it OK to keep these two together? At first they were hanging upside down together.

[​IMG]

2. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever (Large Crab)

I think that your hermie may be a "JUBMO". . . I'm not sure what species he is, but if you create a thread about it, I'm sure people will respond and you will eventually find out what kind of hermie he is. . .

3. cloie74

cloie74 "Second Molt, A Success"

Looks like a PP to me, you should not have them in the same tank yet, new additions should be kept in isolation for about a month to De-stress and be sure that it did not have any mites or other parasites. Also pet stores dont keep conditions (Temp and Humidity) the way they are supposed too so you putting into the proper humidity right away can cause problems with their gills.
    Put him in an ISO tank with conditions as close to the pet stores conditions and make them better gradually until the ISO tank is the same as your main tank.

4. emmac350

emmac350 "Fourth Molt In Progress"

It's hard to tell eye shape in that picture, but I'm leaning towards PP. What color is he overall? Are his eyes () shaped or circular?

5. OneOnion

OneOnion "Preparing For Third Molt"

To me the eyes look like the PP comma shape, I think it's just a really healthy PP you got there :D Nice dark colouring he's got.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.