1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help!!!I Need Shells

Discussion in 'Shells' started by timebandit, Jan 29, 2012.

1. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

Help me please. I need turbo's 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 in openings!!!

2. Iblab crab

Iblab crab (Micro Crab)

Tough size to find. HCP has turbos that size.
    IBlab crab

3. scoobdoo

scoobdoo "PM Jason For Custom Title"

even that site is very limited! i ordered stuff then i get something different with note saying upgraded cause we didn't have this type or size.. my crabs only go into one style, that's why i ordered it. i really didn't want a upgrade but it's to much of a hassle to send stuff back.

4. Iblab crab

Iblab crab (Micro Crab)

I am suprised at that scoobydoo.I just recieved my 2nd order in a month and got what I ordered.Turbos from 1 1/16 - 1 3/16 and 1 3/4. All beautiful!
    I am sure if you had asked they would have reimbursed you for the return or credited you for the shells,they have good customer service.
    IBlab crab

5. scoobdoo

i ordered 1 1/2 inch plain jane jade turbo but got ones that had silver around it, not what i ordered.. i would of loved to of got an e mail or a phone call saying we don't have what you want giving me options of store credit or money back, if you lived where i live, returning things is a big pain! Shells cost a lot of money and that is something that I do not have a lot of to just go and buy shells with cause they are pretty, I buy shells cause that is what is I know my crabs will go into. now I'm stuck with a huge shell that my crabs just flip around and toss to the side and say no thank you! my pet shops also do not carry shells no where near the sizes I need, if I have one shop order them for me I get charged way more and the last time she did it for me the shells stunk like cat poop! I order food from there to as from here and get good service, plus the perks of samples..i just think at times if they do not have what the custumer wanted they should try contacting them to see what options they want ibstead of upgrading. vicki does it here :)

6. Iblab crab

Iblab crab (Micro Crab)

Scoobydoo,did you contact them to let them know you were dissatisfied? I am sure Kirk and Tammy will make it right if they know you are unhappy with your order.
    Trixie, I hear Naples and Deltona,Shells of Aquarius are good places to order shells for crabs.
    IBlab crab

7. mom_of_3

mom_of_3 (Micro Crab)

DO you have a local pet store? I have one about 30 mins away..(yes that is the closest the others are 45 mins plus) that is willing to order what I need or want for my crabs. I don't get charged extra and every one is happy. You might try something like that if you can't find what you want or need. If the worng thing comes in I don't have to pay for it unless I want it and the store either sells it or puts it in with their crabs (when they have them in stock) if I don't want it.

8. scoobdoo

well, one pet store said they could and when I got them I got charged an arm and a leg for them cause she sp ordered them just for me and one other time she did it stunk like cat poop! I didn't have her order any more just took the shells and soaked them in diluted bleach water for a long time! the other pet store said no.. one time I sent a money order to hcp it got lost? or so it was said but it was cashed by someone, somewhere on the way there, I spent 5$ on a tracking for a 15$ order. As a customer they should contact you about your order, not assume you will be happy with this or that. If and when I order shells again I will add a note that if they do not have exactly what I want either give me store credit so I can choose what I want or my money back.

I mean what if you called pizza hut and ordered a candian bacon pizza and picked it up, got home found a note and they said i'm sorry we were out of cb but we up graded you to a veggie hope you are happy, drive is to far to go back and complain, you just eat it anyway..kind of my situation, sending them back is to much of a pain in the rear...

9. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

I think that they will last untill I can get some 1.75 in. I think some of my shell have bigger openings then what I bought so they will have to do.

10. DEBBIE

DEBBIE "First Molt In Progress"

Trixie I had some luck finding shells in Walmart last year, in the craft department, bags of shells. They were inexpensive for what they had in them, quite a few turbos. Good luck.

Debbie

11. liagiba

liagiba "First Molt In Progress"

I have found turbos in Michaels' (Arts & Craft store) and babilonia and whale eyes in both Walmart and Joann's Fabric. The bag at Joann's is $12. I also have bought shells online from Naples Sea Shells and Hermit Crab Patch.