1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help...crab Acting Weird

Discussion in 'General questions about care.' started by TheThreeCrabStooges, Jul 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheThreeCrabStooges

TheThreeCrabStooges Hi, I'm New Here!

Hi all...I am new to Hermit Crabs-R-us! I have 3 Awesome Hermit crabs Jezzy, Rainbow, and Glitter (I have three daughters that named them!! :) I have had them for over a year now with no problems...until this last month. Jezzy started his first molt...I think....he buried himself all the way to the bottom of the tank and won't come out. Rainbow on the other had has tried non stop to escape and succeeded twice now. We have the coconut grass? lining one wall for them to climb on and he has now decided that he wants to climb to the top....dig a whole thru the sheet, and get stuck in between the coconut sheet and the glass tank. I am afraid he will die there with out any food or water. Is this normal behavior?? We have a 10 gallon tank with a heater, 2 water bowls, a hut, a dark corner, a climbing wall, extra shells for transfers the works..Please help!! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.